Funny turn

• 14 replies
  • 48 subscribers

That's what my Mum would have called it. You had a 'funny turn'. Well this is the second one I've had.

There I was, after breakfast, making pancakes this morning. It's easy, but involves a lot of looking down and as I make a big batch to freeze it can take over an hour to cook them all.

I got just over half-way then started feeling odd. Got a  sort of 1-min warning then flashing lights;ears popping; the usual dry-mouth, break into a sweat, here comes a panic thing; Heart rate goes up and off we go. Stagger to a chair. Managed to turn pan off. Then blacked out for a very few moments. Couldn't breathe.

Husband gets me to lie down, duvet over, get calm, everything passes. Then feel wrecked. As if I've just run a marathon. Bit scary.

Anybody else get this sort of thing?

No way am I going to the doctor in this weather and I certainly don't intend to end up in a freezing cold A&E on a trolley.

Am taking it easy though. Bloody hell. There's always something!

Your thoughts & experiences of similar always welcome.

Rainie x

• Hi Rainie, just read your post very scary, I seen star's and felt wiped out when my blood pressure dropped but never blacked out, good job your husband was there.

Have you been to the GP yet, please don't let it happen a third time or you could be in real trouble.

• Raineday, I had similar about a month ago.    I was sat down on a bench in a park, leaning forward and looking down at my phone (neck bent) for about twenty minutes.

.I got up and went to join my friend who was stood not far away and all of a sudden I felt as if I was going to black out. I walked quickly back to the bench.

Luckily once I was sat down the feeling passed.

I also wondered if it was something to do wirh the fact I was looking down for a long time. The angle of the neck.

• Hi  , I had a few times when I was up at the toilet during the night and I felt strange and couldn't get a breath. This kind of thing when on for a while and then went away. After a couple of weeks I was up at the toilet and I felt strange again, couldn't breathe properly and I thought to myself that I think I need to speak to the doctor about that. Next thing I'm lying to my back looking up at my wife's worried face. I had collapsed. We thought it might be related to a heart attack I had a few months earlier. I was brought to a&e by ambulance and the only thing they found was my haemoglobin was very low.

Rainie I think you should get to a GP asap and they'll possibly order a blood test. As you had your neck bent for a while you may have restricted the flow of blood to the head and therefore you would have felt queasy and if it cut off enough oxygen then you will faint. Whichever it is, and of the two I'd guess the latter, you should try to get to the doctor and let him/her decide. Might be something else entirely but do you not owe it to yourself and your family to find out?

Take care Rainie 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • I had much the same myself a couple of years ago.  Ended up in hospital but they did nothing.  The first time I was so cold and the second time they kept me warm so it passed quicker.  They said it was just a build up of chemo and my body reacting.  Many tests later there was no real diagnosis just my body saying how fed up it was!  I hope you are feeling better now x