Fireworks

• 10 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Mrs Tvman and I are sitting in our car in Liverpool docks waiting to board the ferry for Belfast and we're being treated to a wonderful Guy Fawkes fireworks display all across the waterfront. First Fireworkstime we've ever seen this, we celebrate Halloween with ducking for apples and controlled displays. We can't hold household Fireworks displays anymore in Northern Ireland. There must be an approved person in charge. A throwback to the Troubles. 

We're really sad to leave our daughter, SIL, grandson and granddaughter back in Peterborough. Roll on the weekend before Christmas

Tvman xx 

• Enjoy the display, we are indoors cuddling our dogs. 

Sarah 

• Hi Tvman, I hope you enjoyed the display. We had all the family round earlier as it is my husband's birthday. He walks about for the week before saying "remember remember the 5th of November, it's my birthday!"  My sister had a Halloween Party at the weekend and there was ducking for apples, eating treacle pancakes hanging from a string (no hands allowed) spin the bottle and other party games.

Today, unfortunately my other half has sciatica, so we didn't go out but we watched the display all around the house and the children were running from the back window to the front window. I love the coloured fountain ones. Both exhausted now so hopefully will sleep tonight for a change.

You don't have long to wait if you are seeing them again before Christmas, it is creeping up!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi tvman,

lovely you had a firework display to enjoy and a visit with your family. Always sad to leave but you have Christmas to look forward to xxx

Ruth 

• Hi Annette,

was it your birthday or your husband on November 5th ?

Hope you had a lovely time and lovely to have a Halloween party and fireworks with your grandkids.

sciatica is horrid I hope he is better soon.

we were lucky we could hear some fireworks but our dog couldn’t hear it so he wasn’t frightened.

love xxx,

Ruth 

• Yes Annette. I agree with Ruth. I hope it improves for him to enjoy life again. Has he had it before?

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ruth, It was my husband's birthday on 5Nov. He said he hated his birthday being on that day because people gave him fireworks for his birthday and by night time they were all gone!

Love Annette x

• Hi Tvman, thanks, yes he has had it before but it has been over ten years since the last flare up, so I hope it will be another ten before it happens again!

He keeps saying he doesn't know how I cope with the pain being constant. I answered "what choice do I have". He was moving a bit easier today, so hopefully it will get better from now on!

Love Annette x

• I hope he had a happy day.

Fireworks make an interesting present 

not sure they are good for the environment xxx

Ruth 

• Hi tv man so glad you and Mrs Tvman enjoyed the fireworks, some lovely displays going on here. You'll be back before you no it, Christmas is just round the corner xx

Moi

• Hi Ruth, He no longer gets fireworks for his birthday. That happened when he was young. Nowadays we only have controlled fireworks overseen by the Local Fire Brigade. Anyone who wants to buy them, can. Then they hand them into the Fire Station and they organise displays at both sides of the village! it is fantastic and lasts for quite a while!

He had a nice birthday but unfortunately the sciatica is quite bad ATM, so everyone came to us for coffee & Cake. Our daughter baked the cake, it was lovely!

Love Annette x