Good morning everyone

• 37 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Good morning everyone 

this week we have all faced the loss of a number of our friends on this forum. So I just want us to take a minute to have a think about those lovely people and their families, i for one have found this forum a great support since I joined you in January this year, so I thought it fitting to give a thought for those we have lost as friends this week.

It’s Friday folks so another working week is done, so it’s time to relax and enjoy the weekend, I’m not doing much this weekend apart from walking my lovely dogs and a few chores (if I don’t feel like doing the chores I won’t) what does everyone have planned this weekend, I’d like to start the fun weekend  by telling you all a joke but unfortunately I’m no comedian but if anyone wants to oblige feel free.

I am excited to tell you my hair is growing back well after I lost it all earlier this year due to chemotherapy treatment, it now about 5mm long and I’m so proud of it. It’s long enough to brush lol. I bet you think I lost my marbles reading this, but realism just trying to bring a little cheer or smile to everyone.

have a great weekend everyone whatever you are doing, I hope funny stories will follow.

Hugs

Donna

• Yes, in addition to Remoh, rameses and OBS there was Alex who wrote a blog "Itsgonetitsup".  She died in Aug with TNBC  She was 36.  

My weekend has started already because I don't work Fridays. Grin Tomorrow I have an orienteering event, Sunday is church and Monday I am going down to Peterborough for a whole week with my sister and parents.  Meeting up with an old school friend who now lives in Germany and my aunt.  

Is anyone running for PM?!  

• So pleased for you that your hair is growing back i was always holding a magnifying mirror constantly checking mine I had the cold cap on with chemo so painful to have on but I was determined to keep as much hair as I could xxx

Flippen
  • Hi , I'll also be in Peterborough, Northborough actually, a small village to the north of Peterborough but I don't arrive until the end of the week, Saturday. Mrs Tvman and I are going to visit our daughter, son in law and grandchildren aged 6 and 1. We're arriving in the port of Birkenhead from Belfast at about 6.30pm and it's a 3¾ hour car journey. My wife is wanting to stop somewhere midway for the night because it'll be dark and I'm not comfortable driving at night even though I drove during the hours of darkness for 35 years but I knew every inch of the roads. Not sure what to do, I may give in to her for a quiet life! 

Great news that your hair is growing back, you must be on cloud 9

Take care Mmum

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Morning Donna, so pleased your hair is growing again. I'm not doing anything special this weekend, relaxing, but will be going for a walk in the park xx

Moi

• Good morning tvman.Enjoy your break with your family, I'd take that break before heading to Northborough.  Hope the crossing is good take care xx

Moi

• Hi Donna, Great news about your hair. I wonder if anyone has mentioned the shampoo Plantar39 to you. It encourages hair growth, and it really does work! It costs a bit more than other shampoos but you don't need much!

Mmum, enjoy your week in Peterborough.

Tvman, I would advise you stop midway in your journey then you will arrive at your daughters house refreshed! If we need to do a long journey, we often stop part of the way there. Enjoy your week with your family.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi tvman,

Have a good journey. I agree with your wife driving in the dark is not fun. Better to be comfortable and safe 

love x

Ruth 

• Hello Donna and all of you,

I've been away painting this week with another artist friend. So far this weekend I've done two bigs loads of washing and have been packing stuff away - what we all have to do when we get back home from a break. Back to reality - blood test on Monday. Joy!

The loss of our forum friends reached me by e-mail this week and I found myself shedding a tear, as we do. It was a very good, motivating trip for me - and the weather was kind too - hot even!

Take care everyone. Hope all your plans work out as well. Rainie x

• Hi Raineday,

nice to have you back.

A-week painting sounds lovely with another artist.

we have had thunderstorms over night 

love x

Ruth