Feeling the Cold

• 14 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Does anyone else on here feel the cold more than "usual" (or they used to) now?  I've just hunted out the hat, scarf and even thermals to retain my body heat.  I'm not sure whether it's the cancer, the treatment, or the fact that my layer of fat beneath the skin is depleted!    Anyone else?  And it's not even October yet . . . . 

• Oh yes it is a combination, of cancer, treatments, and also if on blood thinners, welcome to the ice age

• Well at least  you have some one to make the tea, i make up a flask  its saves me getting up,

• Yes I often feel the cold. The last 2 mornings especially. I've put the quilt and winter throw on the bed as Ellie said it's a combination  of our illness and treatment xx

Moi

• Yes, I really feel the cold. I've been wearing socks to bed as my feet are always freezing!

• Good idea Ellie, it will save on your electric bill too. Stuck out tongue winking eye

• Hiya Mmum

its not just you feeling the cold, I am as well, like you I’ve hunted out my warm hats. I lost all my hair earlier this year due to chemotherapy and it’s just beginning to grow back now, I was wondering if that was my problem. As well as hat’s I’m wearing my snuggle hoodie you can get 2 of me in it but I don’t care I’m nice and warm and that’s the main thing. 

have a great day

hugs

Donna

• Here's a tip from my friend - heated socks!  They have wires fuelled by a little battery.  Only problem is you need Big Shoes to accommodate them and a Big Disposable income to accommodate £150 outlay.   I don't think that's required for me yet.  I have waterproof socks and overshoes and I'll try these next (specifically for the pedal bike).  

• I found last winter when I was having chemo I felt cold much of the time. Having read about so many people putting fluffy dressing gowns and PJ's on in the early evening I tried it last night and felt toastie warm! Looked like a yeti when I got up but who cares! This's something I'd never have dreamed of doing, never mind putting a fluffy rug over my knees!

Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Doesn't matter what you look like in the house Barb as long as your warn xx

Moi

• Have always felt the cold, but nowadays I'm extra cold. Three layers on today and barely comfortable. Husband used to call me 'nesh', but now that he's old as well, he's now feeling the cold when he never used to.  Also, less active after everything that's been done to the old bod, so that makes it worse I think. Hot mugs of tea and fleeces beckon. I paint wearing mittens but hands still go blue. As ellie said, 'the ice-age'. Rainie x