Scan day

• 16 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Good morning everyone 

today is scan day, it’s my 3rd, my first scan march showed some improvement, the second scan was confusing as the consultant said it showed some grow but the tumour was still smaller than when first detected, it was sent to MDT they said it was inconclusive about growth it could be the tumour had moved so I was to continue with immunotherapy, I am really worried this time. I want to be positive and I hope this scan show no growth or if I’m a very lucky girl it has shrunk, I will be happy with stable. 

I finished my combined chemotherapy and immunotherapy at the end of April and I’ve continued with my immunotherapy cycles, I’m told immunotherapy is very good for lung cancer patients so here’s hoping. You would think that since I was diagnosed in December 2021 9 months ago I would be adjusted to all this and be an old hand now but it still seems like yesterday sometimes and it all still feels so new, although I’m not so stressed now, thanks to lots of you lovely people supporting me. I can tell you how grateful I am to all of you and for you all being out there. Your all so special even though you are going through tough times with you diagnosis you continue to give to others. 

Hugs 

Donna

• Good luck with this scan.

It took me a year to come to terms with my diagnosis 9 months it is all still quite new for you 

you will also have to wait for the results so it is stressful

Best wishes x

Ruth 

• Hi i also have lung  cancer,  i was told when you start immunotherapy some times the cancer can grow slightly which mine did, i carried on with the treatment, and did the two years. I have since had radiotherapy because of slight growth, I was diagnosed in 2016, .

• The very best of luck with your scan Donna

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • Thanks for reply all specially you Tvman I know you’ve had sad issues to deal with yourself recently, and you still take time out to support others.

monicamonica I will get to see my wombat one day for real in the wild in the meantime my friend  has sent me one as a soft toy so he sits on my bed he's called Willy.

I will treat myself to something nice on my way home

Hugs to all have a good afternoon 

Donna

xxx

• Good luck today Donna. It’s the waiting for the results which is the hard part. I think there are a couple of us currently waiting for results , so we know how you are feeling xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hope your scan goes well. It does take time before you can take the new routine as normal. xx

Moi

• Good luck today  such nice comments about us all supporting you that's what we all do in this gang we always support each other I know I wouldn't of survived so long if I didn't have this group of people to support me xxx

Flippen
  • We're all here for you Donna. Once you get the cancer diangosis, you never get blase. There's always that little niggle in your mind preparing yourself for the worst and hoping for a Stable Mabel and the sigh of relief. Everything crossed for you and sending you positive vibes. Rainie x

• Hope it went well Donna & that the wait isn't too long for the results. Relaxed xx