Another scam

• 3 replies
  • 42 subscribers

There is a text message going around stating it is from Gov.Uk stating you are eligible for discounted energy under the Energy Support Scheme. It is a scam….do not click on the link. There are a lot of these messages, some say you have a delivery that you missed, it is awful how people are targeting the vulnerable to get at their money. Be very careful, I never click on any texts or emails that have links in them. 

• Yes I keep getting e mails saying I have a delivery expected and it looks like reputable companies it is definitely a scam 

Ruth 

• Hi Chelle, I have not seen the one you mentioned but Ruth, I have had several of the delivery ones by email and text. One of them says they have tried to deliver my parcel but now it has been taken back to the warehouse. All I have to do is send £2 to cover the postage by filling out the attached form with my bank details and it will be delivered the next day!

I would never give anyone my bank details! A friend of a friend fell for this scam and £200 not £2 was deducted from her bank account!  Can you imagine just how many £200 they got!!

We all have to be very careful!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Yes you are right it is worrying 

the emails look so realistic x

Ruth