Bleak outlook

• 36 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Found out this week I now have brain mets in addition to lung and spine.  Only had results from head scan so far and still have body scan results to come which I know are going to show progression from the worsening cough and back pain I have.

im not sure what radiotherapy I can have as it depends on number of mets - there is more than one but they are small and currently causing no symptoms. Whole brain rt seems a last resort so I really hope they might consider targeted first.

I was about to enrol onto a trial before this news so that’s all gone and of course so has my driving license.  I’ve been working and can do so home from home but I think I’ll give that a rest for now.

what scares me most is the impact on my kids.  My eldest is about to leave home for uni and my middle one is entering her GCSE year.  If I can get through to after her exams then that would be something but things really seem quite bleak right now.

Hoping I will have something more positive to focus on next week 

• That’s excellent news Elysian! Hopefully You have many more Stable Mabels to come

Jac x

• YAY   Clap  We like good news updates!  Thanks for letting us know. 

• Hi Elysian, Well I did say back then that there were lots of new drugs around and I'm so pleased they have found one to suit you! I started my journey in 2013 and have never lost hope being a cup half full person! I too started a trial drug and became a Stable Mable. I have had a few curve balls since then but I'm still here to see my Grandchildren go to school!

How are your children doing, one was going to uni the other doing GCSE's and I'm not sure about your youngest!

Thank you for spreading this news, I'm sure a lot of people who have recently had a diagnosis will take this as hope for them and everyone.

Enjoy every minute!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi  

Great news! Thanks for the update, long may it continue.

A x

• Good to hear things are looking better for you, even with the inevitable side effects. 

I haven't been on this page very long but it's wonderful how people support each other. 

You take care and enjoy the sunshine. Xx

• That's great to hear. Onwards and Upwards. Rainie x