Phone tip for that "always engaged" line

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi Folks 

I needed an appt for my GP on Monday (for my daughter) and REALLY needed it for Monday.  My urgency not theirs LOL

I phoned on-the-dot at opening time at 8am and got the engaged tone.  Redialed.  Same outcome, again and again . . . . . 

To cut a long google short, I then installed a dialer app called "Auto Redial" (from lithiumS) which repeatedly dials the number, but crucially it detects a "hang-up" so can grab the newly available line. 

The auto settings are to redial every 15 secs.  Within a minute or so, I had the ring tone at the GP practice and I was in the queue @ number 16.  I got a phone appt for my favoured Dr at 8:20am.  

I thought it was worth sharing amongst this group :-)  Might help someone.  Ring ring Telephone receiver

Byyeeee for now :-) 

• Thanks , I'm very interested in that. Just a few months ago I was asked to ring at 8.30 for something that I just can't remember right now but what I do remember is that I eventually got a ring tone on the 28TH OCCASION. The appointment was for the nurse and I spoke to her when I saw her about all the futile attempts. She told me that she had the same problem, both from home to speak to a fellow staff member and also from the surgery to an outside number. The reason? There was unbelievably only one line in and out but thankfully at least one more line has been installed now. 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.