John Burkhill

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I wonder how many here have heard of this wonderful man? Popularly known as 'the man with the pram' he has walked the streets of Sheffield in all weathers for many years raising funds for Macmillan. . He is now 83 and has been fund raising after his wife and daughter both died of cancer.. If ever a man deserved a knighthood it is him but alas all efforts have so far fallen on deaf ears . To date he has raised over £800,000 and he hopes to reach a million.

• He sounds like  an amazing person and he deserves to get some sort of recognition.

Strangely though, there is a special type of person who does things because it's the right thing to do, and not because they want  rewards.  Maybe he's one of those people? Truly Altruistic?

I'm glad hes raised money for Macmillan, as I like the idea of a charity who support ALL cancers.They've helped me enormously, on here and out there in the real world 

• Hi , I haven't heard of him but hardly surprising as I live in Northern Ireland. Sounds like he deserves some sort of recognition. Does he have any 'lesser' awards. Any award given is for an outstanding person doing something outstanding for those in need.

Take care and stay safe 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • There is a short film about him, I've never seen him irl, but I've seen plenty of pictures. 

www.imdb.com/.../

Sarah 

• He has the BEM. We tried to get the council to give him a 'star' in the pavement outside the town hall but the council refused as 'he wasn't internationally known'