Is it a dream?

• 8 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I don't post a lot but I do read a lot of the messages here.

Do any of you ever think and wonder whether we are just a dream, our lives I mean? I often get this feeling that life is just me dreaming. It can be a bit scary to think but lately it's crossed my mind a lot. I imagine I'm just sleeping and at some point I'll wake up and all this was just a very realistic dream, or rather I suppose this would be a nightmare really.

Am I alone in feeling and thinking this or do you guys get this as well?

Sorry if you don't and it's just me. I'm a bit odd sometimes so it's probably that.

• Hi Renny, more people lurk and don't post, you are still in our club.

At the beginning I use to wake up through the night thinking that it can't be true.

I was like that for a couple of years.

It would be great if it was all a dream, then we could interfere with the ending!

I havn't really answered your question, in fact I have come nowhere near it but nice to chat with someone a bit odd, its like home from home. X

• Maybe it's something we all go through at some point during the journey.

I thought the same as you with altering the ending. 

Thank you though, it's helped me feel less alone with this. 

• Hi Renny, It is good to see you post!

Yes I too have thought Is this happening or is it a dream! I think it is wishful thinking!

Sometimes I even wonder if one day, after I die, I will awake in another life and don't remember the one that's gone before! Now that I have written that down, it sounds like something out of a Sci Fi film.

Anyway, how are you doing with this difficult rollercoaster journey we are all on? Hope to hear from you again soon Renny.

I read your Profile page and I too like detective TV programs and reading. I like FBI stories by Michael Connelly and also his Lincoln Lawyer Series. I am so pleased to read you have a good partner, we all need support. We 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Renny, My take is we are all different, with different personality styles and coping mechanisms.  We all do what comes naturally, find out what works for us.  No one approach will ever be appropriate for everyone, and there's no right and wrong strategy.  No one is "odd", we're all different.  
    I read about an "imagery" approach in a Cognitive Behaviour therapy book I'm reading and I thought "oh my god, I could never use that, or get into that space".  

• Hi Renny, I do dream alot about people I have met in my life, but they are all going on and leaving me behind. The only one's that stay with me are the one's that are already dead, (say no more on that one). I'm quit a positive person and try to just get on with life, so I think my dreams is my subconscious reminding me of my Situation. At first I hoped this cancer was a dream but its not. It would be great if it was. Take care xx

Moi

• Yes I have thought life could be a dream. Eventually I realised that the dream is recurring too often so has to be real.

i do understand where you are coming from xxx

Ruth 

• Maybe so. LIFE is surreal so why not.

• Hi , I'm so glad you posted that because for many years I have thought about the same concept. For a few years now I have said to only a couple of people very close to me that life is, shall I call it an illusion. I think that I will live forever and everyone around me will die and leave me but I'm having second thoughts now as I have been thinking about money and how finite my resources are. So unless a lot of people die and leave their money and property to me then I may have to rethink.

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.