2 year limit on Immunotherapy! Please tell me this isn't true.

• 14 replies
  • 53 subscribers

I have just come off another cancer chat forum and there are a fair few people, patients and carers who are extremely upset rhat even though immunotherapy is improving and extending lives, it is only offered for two years max.

People are angry that this fact often  isn't mentioned at the beginning of the treatment plan, and if it is briefly touched upon, its veiled in medical reasons, when in actual fact its purely monetary and is all to do with funding.

• Well done glad you are doing well on it xxx

Ruth 

• That's good to know that you're doing well on it . Good to get good news Blush

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • I had not heard of immunotherapy till I joined the support group. My cervical cancer is now incurable as I am 80 and a pelvic exenteration isn't viable for me. I have a phone appt with consultant on September 9th to discuss any options to delay my terminal prognosis. I have no idea if immunotherapy would be suitable for me, but I will ask him. Thank you for your post on this subject and all the best to you. 

Ann

• Also, most (all?) of the benefits from immunotherapy are realised in the first two years.  After that, the gains are negligible.