Reading

• 76 replies
  • 53 subscribers

Are you reading anything at the moment? I like to read. I'm reading Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie currently which I have read before but I love this book and can reread it always as it's very good. I find reading very relaxing and also perfect for a hot evening like tonight.

• Now that made me laugh x

• Bit harsh my friend. Would only have read you a goodnight story with an unhappy ending. Then you would have insisted on a cuddle to make you feel better. I am good at that!

• Well i am not to know that, some funny people about x

• Your so right, watching a loved one fade away is far worse than a sudden death, I've experienced both, thanks for your understanding, I'm with you my friend 

• Of course you are the best looking and most intelligent of us, I hope you tell everyone including the marines.

• Don't think any story you read will make Ellie that sad keep trying AA

• I've just read Leonard and Hungry Paul by Rónán Hession, it is a lovely kind and gentle book. I've also recently read Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro. I sort of enjoyed it, but I found it quite strange and confusing in places, I read it for my book group but missed the discussion, which is a shame because I am sure some of my book group friends would have explained it to me.

I'm just starting Hunger by Grace Dent, it's a memoir, she's a food writer. I don't read much non fiction. I'm also starting The Island of Missing Trees by Elif Shafak and writing here I've just realised that I have not looked for a copy of my next book group book which is Light Perpetual by Francis Spufford.

I have lots of books to get on with! When I was first diagnosed I found reading pretty difficult because I had no concentration, but I have gradually returned to reading and I do love it. 

Sarah 

• I'm reading the "Oxford Guide to CBT for People with Cancer", authors are Stirling Moorey, Steven Greer.  I'm in it for the marginal gains rather than the relaxation lol.  It's definitively NOT a "can't put down" book.  I have had a few spells outside on the patio with it.

• Hi,, The authors you mentioned your husband read Ellie, Lee Child etc are some of the ones my husband reads a lot!

Bye the way!! What's been happening while I've been on holiday and offline? I see talk of bunk beds, hugs, Fruit & Veg parties with wellies, hammers, sleep walking, funny people and the nut house?? I am so sorry I missed all this but if it happens again......Count Me In!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thanks!

Have downloaded it. X