Coping with the Heat.

• 7 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hello.

I joined here today.

I'm not sure if anyone else struggles with the heat? I most certainly do! The heat and I are enemies especially since I've been ill in the last couple of years.

Now I get hot quickly and cooling down is difficult. I don't feel especially hungry and often feeling sick so I don't drink a lot. I suck on ice cubes and have lollies if it's too hot, which lately I think we can all agree it has been!

I have to confess I am worried about the temperature we're supposed to get tomorrow. It's going to be very hot and there's now a red health warning for my area. I admit I can worry myself sick over things but I think this is justified. It's going to be extremely hot and I'm not sure how I'm going to get through tomorrow.

I pray we will all be ok in tomorrows extreme heat.

• It's a bugger Renny, no doubt about that.

We are staying in and opening as many windows as we can. Just laze around do nothing to heat yourself up.

So any cooking, the boyfriends job or just eat salad. In a couple of days it will be over and English weather will be back!

You are not terminal if you are still being treated. You are incurable but treatable like us lot on here.

There are loads of different chemo drugs, it is a friend, don't be frightened of it.

I'm not saying your situation isn't very unhappy but let your medical team do their magic, things could very easily start to look better.

Loads of people on here may have ideas to get you over this heat hurdle.

All the best.

• I understand, I really struggle with anything over 18 degrees so the thought of the next couple of days scares me. The text I got from the nhs reminding me I’m in a vulnerable group so be careful didn’t help. 
    I do find washing my hands in cold water helps a bit if you haven’t already tried that

• Tip from Spanish relatives , for next two days keep all windows and doors closed, close blinds and curtains and stay inside. Hot air just comes in through windows and if there is no breeze...

Put hot water bottle in freezer and use to cool yourself down. Wet flannels on head when needed.  Who care what we look like.

Good luck xx

• Yes i agree...we always get around 46 degrees here in summer...soooo blinds and windows closed, put a fan on if you got one...drink warm drinks..not hot and not cold. ( glad we have air con )

• You are so right OBS wet flannels, damp skin and shade are what's need, we have something in common, our son in law is Spanish.

• I hope everyone's ok after the last 48 hours of extreme heat. That was the most heat I've endured for a while, not to keen on that again.

I looked at the weather for the next few days back to low twenties and rain, British weather returns once again.

• Thank you for the tip. I've also been told that wetting your wrists where the veins are is a good way of cooling yourself down quickly.