Hi all

• 21 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Quick update.   Currently still paralysed think it’s  permanent now.
Just back from a couple of days in hospital as whilst trying not to move much so my sores on my back and bum cheeks can heal. I have now developed a very large blood clot in my left leg. Fortunately it’s in the vein so it’s not deadly but I now have wait while it disperses. Add into the mix. Some rather large piles and it’s fair to say things aren’t great for me just now.  

trying to stay positive but life seems to be doing everything it can to test me

hope everyone is ok and getting as much fun in their life as they can

• Oh Richard..not enough that you cannot walk..no you get sore spots...and a cloth...not good. sending hugsssssssss

• Hello Richard 

I am so sorry you having such a tough time. Life really is testing you.  It’s such a tough journey at times. Sending my best wishes and I really hope the clot and sores improve quickly for you.

Nigel

• Thanks all for the kind words of support. I’m in a less dark place now, my mum and sister came up for a couple of hours today which was nice and my leg is slowly hurting less, the lack of anti cancer meds is reducing side effects so I have more energy and overall if I can get rid of the sores and get the bathroom and ramp sorted I think I be even happier. 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Sounds like a smidgen of good news Richard. Please let things continue in that vein. All the best.

• Hi Richard you sound in a better place since your family visit, sending good vibes to you take care xx

• Hi Richard, you sound like there's a little more positivity in your post which is encouraging. Glad to hear that. 

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • That’s good you have a plan to sort things to make life easier for you 

I am not on any cancer meds anymore and not having side effects is very good.xx

Ruth 

• More c**p for you to deal with and sometimes it's the smaller things that make everything else feel ten times worse. I hope that the vein problem gets sorted. You might get some relief in the piles department from the following:

Bene Pure Yarrow ointment. Soothing and efficaceous for piles. Amazon. Little goes a long way. Worth doing.

You are in our thoughts. Big hugs and good wishes. Keep your mind on one little thing at a time and tick off each small thing as a victory. 

Rainie xxx

• Hi Richard

Glad your company lifted your spirits, that is good, you have been threw a lot, one thing at a time, to get sorted, hopefully will not take to long.

My thoughts are with you,

Take Care Ellie x

• Hi Richard, sorry to read about your problems, but glad there is a silver lining, even in the darkest days family arrive and make thing so much better, cheers to all our families for brightening our days, I hope you keep on improving, and the modifications you require are completed soon.

All the best Ulls