LIFE is short

• 30 replies
  • 51 subscribers

Did you ever think you would live forever because i just.sailed through life until i got advanced.notice. Still a strange feeling of knowing as opposed to dying suddenly.

Ive learned.that.several people I worked with have died recently, all under 60.

I went through life thinking i was immortal until it arrived here out of the blue.

• Always goes like that sistermoon. It either hits you when you are up as has happened to you or things aren't going well and the cancer hits you on the head just add to your woes.

You could make that ripe old age yet. No one is certain of how long or what's around the corner, especially our onco friends.

We love a ramble, keep rambling. Xx

• Yes you're right, no one is promised tomorrow, cancer or not. I think I just continually think the worst because that is all I've had. Not one scrap of good news all down the line. A right bundle of joy today, bet you don't like the rambling now haha.

Thanks for your reply AA

Amanda x

• My mum had cancer twice and survived to 97.   Im 62 and i asked myself how many Years makes a good life! I don't know but isnt it how we live. ?. Mums later years were suffering and i thought i woul d rather die younger. Well i got my wish. !. I hope i go quickly.

• You don't want to get into a rambling competition with me S moon,  you will lose straight out. You have had a hard time and you are entitled to be unhappy with how things have turned out.

We all have our moments. I was thrown out of The Room for going over the top, not many people can say that!

That's the end of my ramble, looking forwards to more of yours, so will plenty of people on here. Your views help us all. Xxx

• Hi Tony73

You're right, life is what we make it.  I also agree with 97 is not what I would want either. I hope I'm at home, in my own bed and peaceful but I imagine there are a lot wants that and we can't, always get what we want, in the words of the rolling stones.

Amanda x

• Hi AA

Don't think I've ever been in a rambling competition before haha. Yeah, just had my catch up with CNS and I asked her about the turnaround of how quick the tumour got to bone. She commented that the MDT were a bit shocked by how aggressive it is but she also said that those sort of cells are more receptive to chemo. So hopefully it gets abated, for a while at least.

How did you get thrown out, I thought that was what the room was for, giving it all you've got! Are you allowed back in?!

What a lovely thing to say, thank you. I don't know about anything I say helping but this is a lovely group and I can feel that you all care about each other. I'm pleased I've joined but will stop rambling now as I need to get on with housework so it's done before next bout of chemo tomorrow.

Amanda x

• I was told I had eight months to a year in 2017, prostate cancer with bone mets everywhere.  Did all the paperwork sold my lovely car and here I am after five years! So much for that prognosis!

Loads of chemo, loads of radio and here I am rambling regularly. So many of us here have been written off but here we still are. If the oncos were always right there would only be about five of us left on here!

What they can't fix today they will be able to tomorrow, next week or next month.

Back in The Room if I want , don't need it at the moment.

When you post people will recognise your circumstances,  they may have the same problems and feel less alone. Loads more people read the posts than actually post so knocking out a little message or two can reach other poor souls and improve their daily lives.

Now that is a ramble, told you I was a professional!

Hope all goes well tomorrow. X

• That's good to know that people are living longer and gives me some hope. I also understand that people read and don't post. I do it myself some days, depending on how I'm feeling mentally. 

Thanks AA

Amanda x

• Hi , glad you have joined our group. Hope your chemo goes well today Amanda

Take care and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi tvman

Thank you, this is a nice group, very friendly. Chemo going ok, going in as we speak. Hope I feel a bit better after than last time but I am certainly going to be kinder to myself and rest more.

Thanks for your reply

Amanda x