Are you a grown up?

• 4 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Link below to interesting article in Guardian about when we feel like grown ups. If you get chance - check out the comment below the article by "Zoonie" which is advice from a careworker about hoow not to get "old".

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/jun/11/does-anyone-ever-really-feel-grown-up-i-ask-older-people-to-find-out

• Interesting article. The number of Years and how I live LIFE in the Years is how i LIVE, especially now. i guess i be been spared Alzheimer's, something my dad had for Years. Thanks

• Hi Tony73, read the article,, yes very interesting.At the moment since diagnosis, I find I don't stress the small stuff, I don't see the point when I can be doing things I enjoy. My moto is while I can I am and I do silly things and laugh.  X 

• Thankyou for the interesting article about getting old.

it is hard coming to terms with life isn’t for ever and good to enjoy the things you can not just live for others younger than you xx

Ruth 

• I've only just come across this. Thanks for posting. Getting older is quite liberating in many ways and you no longer have to worry about acting like a 'grown up' or what others think about you. You don't have to give two hoots about fashion, putting on slap, being nice to horrible people. My mother was always telling me to 'grow up' when she deemed I was being silly. Thankfully I didn't listen too much.

Picasso said that it took him a lifetime to re-discover how to paint like a child again. I always think of that, as I feel I'm well on the way. Growing up, as defined by some, is rather over-rated I think. It's time to be silly! [with thanks to Joe Walsh] Rainie x