Comedy films

• 10 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Can anybody recommend some films that are really funny? I'd like something that will make me really laugh. Are there any nowadays? I've not had much luck finding some good ones on Amazon Prime. Your suggestions would be welcome.   Rainie x

• It’s not a film, but I have binge watched Schiitts Creek on Netflix a couple of times - the episodes are only about 20 min each so it’s easy to watch lots in one go

• I like the series Grace and Frankie on Netflix.  My all time comedy film has to be Bridesmaids. xx

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • The cable.guy , jim carey. I see someone has,uploaded full film to YOUtube.

• Have you seen the Kevin Smith film Dogma? I loved it its not new, 1999. I think being a lapsed Catholic really helps though, so not to everyone's taste.

Some others I like 

1. Hot Fuzz and/or Shaun of the Dead
    2. There's something about Mary
    3. Best in Show
    4. Little Miss Sunshine

I don't have prime or any other subscription service, so I don't know the best way to access any of them. 

My husbands favourite feelgood movie is Stardust, more fantasy than comedy, but I have watched it many times. 

None of these are new but hopefully some may be useful. 

Sarah 

• Hi , I laughed and laughed at some of Steve Martin's films especially Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Planes Trains and Automobiles. Then there are the 3 Focker movies with Dustin Hoffman, Barbra Streisand, Robert De Niro and Ben Stiller, starting with Meet the Parents then Meet the Fockers and finally Little Fockers. However, they're not Gone With The Wind.

I rarely watch a movie now, I keep falling asleep. Some 30 minute TV programmes would see me fall asleep 30 times. I'm waiting for an appointment with the 'sleep doctor ' as the a&e consultant calls him.

Hope you enjoy watching a good old fashioned laugh a-minute rib-tickler movie Rainie

Take care and stay safe Rainie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thanks. Chelle. We watched Bridesmaids last night - it's on Prime - and it was pretty funny. Thanks. Rainie x

• Thanks Sal. Have watched 'Shaun'. Daughter suggested it, but didn't find it funny at all, but then we don't like zombie movies. Will have a look at the others. I thought Stardust was a David Essex movie? Is there another one? Rainie x

• Have seen one of the Fokker films and thought Barbra S. as a sex therapist very funny. Thanks for your suggestions. Rainie x

• We watched 'Hot Fuzz' last night and enjoyed it. Thanks. Wonderfully silly.  Rainie x