CT Scan results tomorrow - fingers crossed

• 22 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi All

Results are in, seeing the Oncologist tomorrow after last weeks CT scan following chemo cycle 6. Fingers crossed, I'll report tomorrow, glass half full one way or another!

Barb xx

• I have everything crossed for you Barb xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Fingers crossed Barb. My CT scan results are ready tomorrow following immunotherapy cycle 4 and also seeing my oncologist. Let’s hope for good news on both fronts.

Nigel xx

• Thinking of you Barb. Big hug and fingers crossed. Rainie x

• Good luck with your results Baeb X 

• Good luck Barb, I hope you get the results you need Fingers crossed

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I saw my oncologist today and my scan results report has got delayed as the radiologist is sick. But my oncologist has reviewed the scan images herself and thinks the immunotherapy has stabilised the cancer in my lungs and may have improved things. She can’t see evidence of progression elsewhere. No definitive answers until the formal results next week but she is hopeful I am stable. After two years of things getting progressively worse, this could finally be some positive news. 
    Barb, really hoping you had some positive news from your scan.
    Nigel x

• That’s great news Nigel, really pleased for you. X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thank you Chelle

Nigel x

• , That's good news Nigel! Good to hear.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Morning all

Eventually got in to see my Oncologist after a three hour wait (my appointment was at 10am) Had good news, my tumours have regressed further but the little buggers won’t go away, just taking a back seat at the moment!

My CA125 blood shows my tumour markers have gone down from 100 to 15 which is additional good news so hopefully no treatment until the New Year fingers crossed.

I asked how many times can a body effectively handle chemotherapy and he’s honest, he said the second treatment could be nearly as effective as the first but subsequent treatment can cause other side effects to the body such as bone density. He could look to vary the chemo given as well as the frequency but people tend to prefer the 21 day cycle as it gives you a bit of “away time” rather than attending weekly.

He said in the meantime there are constant trials coming up and he’s always looking into them. He reiterated if I felt anything was amiss to contact my CNS or his secretary and I feel privileged to have him for my Consultant.

The staff were, as always brilliant, brought us in hot drinks and biscuits as the time went on. My bestie, who’d come with me for moral support, had to wait by the lifts until I got called in but she was also offered refreshments which I thought was lovely. They kept apologising for the delay but I never expect to get in on time.

So I shall enjoy the summer, hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett