After effects from scans

• 17 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone has had any effects after having any scans. On Friday I had a full CT body scan, followed by a bone scan, which involved to separate dyes.

Whilst grateful to get the scans so quickly after my Monday monthly review, last night I felt so cold and today absolutely exhausted. I have literally slept all day. Has anyone else experienced this at all please?

I am still a bit new to this.

Annie CB

• Hi Ulls

Thanks for you message, I recently had my second MRI and I took my diazepam first so it helped me relax a bit. I am with you on the camera investigations, I thought I could have a colonoscopy without sedation….big mistake!

I have definitely learnt for next time.

Thanks again Ulls 

Take care

• Hi Annie, unfortunately I was having my prostate and bladder examined so the camera was inserted via my penis, not nice at all.

We are all at the mercy of cancer treatments, still it's good to be alive, and enjoying it.

All the best Ulls 

• Great positive attitude Ulls, hard to see to write this as my eyes are watering a lot!!!

Take care and stay safe Ulls 

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • I've had about 6 gastroscopies and refused to do them without being knocked out. I've got a choke reaction that is fierce and instantaneous. Even so, I still managed to punch the poor anaesthetist when he was trying to do his job. We laughed about it later and he said I had a good right hook.  Rainie x

• Hi TV man, eye watering indeed I had 1 nurse holding my head telling me to relax another with 1 hand on my chest and the other on my stomach the 3rd nurse holding my bits to get the angle the doctor wanted, I felt like punching him but resisted, I won't submit to this again without local anaesthetic.

All the best Ulls 

• Hi Ulls, you paint a very good picture there, but I am torn between styles; is it an 19th Century operating theatre picture in oils, or a saucy seaside style postcard!? 

Sarah 

• Hi Sarah, somewhere in between I think