Running Chat

• 13 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi Folks

Claire here  Wave  There's been a few people mention running recently so I thought I'd start a thread for people to dip into, share aspirations, experiences, tips, ups and downs etc (hopefully there will be more relative ups than downs?!)  . . . . . .  Basically whatever you want to talk about :-)

I'll get the ball rolling!  Before I joined this club, I went to a running club, and a regular runner when WFH.  I'm on Strava, if that's anyone else's Thing.  I did a few events a year and an occasional parkrunner (50). I like variety in my running.  I took a pause with some physio issues (now fixed) just before I became a regular at my GP.  Now I'm experimenting with what's feasible for me.  After starting treatment in Jan 2022 I was managing regular weekly 15-30 min runs but it doesn't feel the same and all these new hills have appeared that I don't remember before! Anguished Just recovering from a treatment side effects blip and now starting to think about going out again.  

Over to you ->> 

• Hi Sarah, I'm pleased, you enjoyed riding your bike, it's not the cancer that stops me riding a bike, I also have arthritis in both feet, knees and hands, I can't pull the brakes with out pain.

All the best Ulls

• Hi Ulls, that is a shame. It is hard when our bodies stop us doing things we have previously enjoyed. 

All the best to you 

Sarah 

• oooh! I've had a few days off this forum so only just noticed this!

I've recently decided I'm going to do 30 mins of exercise every day, whilst I'm still well enough to do it.  It's a mix of walking, jog/walking and gym workouts.  Today was a jog/walk (jeffing) day so I did 4 mins of jogging and 3 mins of walking, x 3.  It was the 2nd run of the week and the first run was tough.  Today wasn't quite so bad Smiley I later met up with a friend and we had a 2 hours catch-up.  It was great but I was so tired by afternoon.  Had a 40 min nap later on.

Tomorrow is a walking day and then on Sunday I've got a workout planned for the gym followed by some stretching.  I'm quite excited for it as it's a new workout, a new gym and my husband says he'll try to get a free trial for that day with a view to joining too.