PatientView

• 8 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi Folks and a question for you . . . . . 

Does anyone have access to PatientView (Patient View dot org)?  Is it a Scottish NHS service only, I wonder?   It allows us to log in and view our test results online.   

I requested access last week, but now I am waiting for something to happen.  I am impatient (pun intended)!  It probably needs someone to do something and send me a letter with a user name and password in.  Oh for a digital NHS Sob.  As an aside, I work in information technology.  

I've been sitting here all afternoon, in anticipation, waiting for my oncologist to phone and there's been radio silence.  Now I'm thinking he maybe said "blood tests on Monday, and we can catch-up on Tuesday, if need be".  But he has data I need to know!  Friday's data and Monday's data.  Suspense.  Even the GP didn't have up-to-date data on Monday.  I can't phone them anyway, I'm afraid of the receptionist Anguished  And I have four questions for him GRRRRR.   I don't do conditional appointments . . . . . . .  going to have to phone in now tomorrow.    

We all hate the waiting huh

• We have something similar here in the south.  My wife is an IT whizz but it took her some fiddling to get us both on it and working correctly. We were short of a password which they said we had but we hadnt. Of course we thought we were at fault and too frightened to suggest it was their fault!

It does work but sometimes I don't understand my results so have to phone up anyway.

It is on our NHS website which we use to order our medication.I

Clear as mud or some use?

• Yeah, found some email addresses now on their "contact us" page.  Chasing!  I tried that repeat prescription portal too.  I was also offered the digital letter one too, but I like a letter because it can go in my file.   Claire x

• Yes here in Hampshire. Even hospital tests, prescriptions, etc all electronic and collect medicine from pharmacy or have it delivered to home. Set up took a little time.

• I wish I had it, I can access GP stuff, except letters. But hospital stuff I have to ask for, no online service available in Sheffield. 

Sarah 

• We have something called patient access in England and it works well once you have set it up.

i just asked at my GP s practice and they gave me the details 

Ruth 

• We have Systemonline here and can view test results, letters from the hospital to the Gp and order meds. But the hospital itself isn't part of the system - they're all on paper. So we wait with everyone else. Rainie x

• Update . . . . 

I am STILL trying to get access.  The system owners in Bristol advise it's available to everyone once their hospital is signed up (both of my regions are).  But both regions are saying it's for dialysis and renal patients only.  "I have a toy and I'm not sharing it with you!!".  My home region is saying I need to have a consultant listed to support me.  Fine, so add my oncologist I say (they have no problem with this).  Big wall of silence for 6 weeks.  I'm talking to the complaints system now and it's a black hole.    In desperation I go back to the neighbouring region where I get my treatment because I know a person will answer the phone there.  She advises it's a potential data protection breach allowing non-renal people access but she will escalate.  At least she is trying to help me.  

It sounds like everyone else who can log in and view test results/bloods is using a different system to this, region specific.  We have Patient Access too, but it's just for repeat prescriptions.  

I can see this mission might fail now.  

• You are having a frustrating time, well done for keeping at it. It seems daft and unfair to have one level of access for renal patients and less access for everyone else. 

Sarah