In need of cheering up

• 51 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hi everyone

I've had a great weekend - parkrun yesterday and then cheering on chums at local running races. But, now, I'm looking back at the photos that were taken today and I'm seeing a difference in how I used to look. Not sure what exactly - I think it's my eyes. They look like they have shadows round them and I'm looking like cancer is taking over my body. Which I knew but think seeing the photos has brought it home.

Feeling melancholic tonight and don't know what will knock it out of me. Hope I manage to sleep and stay asleep.

You've probably all felt like this at some point but think I've only just reached it.

Cx

• Hi Ruth

The difficult days are tough. I try to remain positive, as we all do, but you know.....

Cx

• Hi Tony73

I'd be angry with a misdiagnosis too. I'm glad you're still here!

Cx

• Oh Barb, that's an amazing weekend! Your friend and sister sound like good people.

Cx

• Hi Christeeniee, the best bit of being down in the dumps, is waking up to a new day and realising how good life is.

I wish I could take part in park runs, you are an outstanding person, long may it continue.

As my wife puts it, lots of hugs and love Ulls

• That is lovely to read. Thank you it was quite emotional xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ulls

I really hope I can continue with parkrun for a while too!

Cx

• Hi . I've never been into running but my bestie keeps trying to persuade me to take it up - not likely LOL. I walk about 5 miles daily but the PN in my feet and swelling on one foot makes it more painful - tying up the shoes looser and looser.

Hope you feel more up-beat today!

Sending hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• I'm definitely feeling more upbeat today Barb, thank you!

I took up running in 2017.  I've never been a fast runner but I love being part of the running community and returning to parkrun has really made me happy.  I used to be a jogleader with a local Jogscotland group, before we moved house and diagnosis and it used to make my heart so glad to see complete beginners graduate to running to a 5k distance and beyond.

Cx

• I had a really "down" spell yesterday afternoon and thought "this is bad, I need to go for a run for some headspace ".  Relaxed I'm an occassional parkrunner - got my 50, but I like my running for the social and to fix the World.  Although I haven't been able to return to running club due to physio issues initially, but now due to how cancer is affecting my body.  I've had to re-adjust targets and see how it goes.  So running club is a target right now, then maybe a parkrun after that, but that's long term.   Maybe we should start a running post/discussion!   

• Hi Mmum

it's so good to be able, at some level, to do something you used to enjoy doing before.  When I say I did parkrun, I mean I walked jogged/walked at the back and it took me 44 minutes!  

I really hope you manage to return to your running club.  I think re-adjusting targets is important - there's no way I could run how I ran before Covid! And if you don't re-adjust the targets, it would just play with your head.

A running discussion is possibly a good idea!

Cx