So sorry guys

• 9 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone

First let me explain. I have what I call jerking fingers, that is, both hands, mainly fingers, make uncontrollable small jerks and they cause my forefingers to make small downward movements that cause me to type wrong letters on the keyboard. When I say wrong letters, I sometimes tap on wrong words or phrases. I can't help it, I think it's because of trapped nerves in my spine but to be honest I'm not exactly sure although it never happened before my spine began degenerating. Sometimes I have big jerks that cause me to drop cups of tea and coffee. 

Why am I telling you this? Well, once again I have accidentally clicked on flag to moderator and the whole thread is closed until a moderator looks at the thread and realises that I've done it again! I have emailed admin to inform them that I have accidentally flagged a thread so hopefully it won't be too long before it's sorted. The thread is "The impermanence of life" I think it's called. Admin is aware of my problem and they say not to worry, they'll realise it's accidental and put it back up. 

I have suggested that they have a pop up box which could say "do you really want to flag to moderator?" and they're looking into this.

Once again, so sorry guys.

Tvman xx

• I too have asked for them to either relocate the flag to moderators or put an are you sure option.  It is so easy to hit that by accident I have done it myself. Sure it will be back soon enough so no need for apologies 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• I think its back. Its something i posted. How is things in the medical world?. I can relate to the nerve damage. I,find it hard to put my feet forward which is frustrating. Would a voice typo, like dictated.words work. I used one once!

• I had a reply from Megan pretty quickly to say it was back up and running. I've not really tried voice messaging apart from set alarm or reminders! I use the site sometimes during the night or late on but Mrs Tvman is sleeping and I don't think she'd appreciate it.

If I'm scrolling I hit the flag to moderator button but again it's due to the finger jerking. It's just too easy to accidentally touch it. There needs to be a two step flag to moderator button but I can't promise the odd one wouldn't happen. My fingers jerk 10-15 times a minute. 

Take care and stay safe Tony

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • A two step flag would be great, it is far too easy to accidentally flag a post. I've done it many times. 

Sarah 

• Sorry you have this problem but we understand x

Ruth 

• Hi. At at recent Champs Catch Up I asked if the "Flag to Moderator" could be moved further to the right as I also have sausage fingers due to the PN. I'll chase them up!

Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi , I contacted someone at admin a few weeks ago about a two step button. When we see how many in this group want to do something, and we are only one small group, I guess that's the same with other groups, how long does it take before something is actually done about it  Barb?

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • They've definitely got it on their list but seems every small tweak is in reality quite a big thing to change. I'll keep nagging!

Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Hi Richard, That would be the logical solution, well done.

Tvman, I can really empathise with you as I have nerve damage in my groin and thigh and it keeps me awake by jumping uncontrollably when I lie down. 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!