The impermanence of life!

• 18 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I walked around Chichester today. It was hard work but i managed to walk the old Roman walls. It hit home that 90 generations of people have been born and died since the walls were built . And that iSparklesthe reality of human life. We are not here forever. So above pain and awfulness of my terminal cancer, i accept that one day i will leave. But that applies to everyone but i think we push it to the Sparklesack of our minds. Cancer has been my wake up call to this reality. When is there ever enough Years in a lifetime?. Im getting on now im 62 this Year but it still.seems.strange.that my life will end aSparklesd my identity as Tony will be no more. Strange thoughtsSparklesCatAnyway, Chichester was nice, and sun shining on us.

• You are right Tony, it is only when we get this diagnoses we start to think about such things, and appreciate our surroundings so much more. Chichester is beautiful. We love the beach down in West Wittering too. Have you been to Bosham? That is so beautiful and is almost like a trip back in time, apart from the huge grand design houses that are popping up xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Yes, Chichester harbour, Emsworth and Bosham close by. The church in Bosham is interesting, some referenc to king canute who commanded the waves to go backSweat smile

• Hi Tony. You are right, I have those thoughts too. They have become very real since my incurable prognosis and all the harder to accept when friends much older than me are living life normally. I am a similar age to you having just turned 60. They are strange thoughts as you say, but ones we now have to live with. I am glad you can get out and enjoyed Chichester. That really helps our well being and hopefully some provides positive thoughts.

Nigel

• Thanks Nigel. I struggled in the early days, but gradually, I've accepted there's nothing that can be done now. My body will do whatever and i just drag myself around just trying.to do.what my body allows. My parents hit 90+  but they suffered enormously from old age so maybe i am thankful for having had a very active albeit less Years.

• Hi Tony, you are right about life being short, some times it's not how long we live it's what we achieve, besides you are not old, and we always have the possibility that someone will discover a new way to treat us.

I'll worry about old age when I get there as I'm only 74, I have a target, which is my golden wedding, in 7years.

All the best Ulls

• THANKS Ulls. Agree, its how we have lived in our Years and really no one is certain about how many Years. I feel fair contentment about my life. To be honest i dont miss the future because im not sure how you define how many Years we need to feel contentment!.Best wishes.

• I have those thoughts about not being here any more. But we don’t know when that will be. I am grateful for the life I have had and enjoy the things I can.

i hVe my son staying this weekend and our daughter is coming to visit today I am very lucky and I may make 70 this year which isn’t bad xx

photos of our front garden 

Ruth 

• Beautiful Ruth, just beautiful. X

• Thank you x

Ruth 

• Great photo's THANKS. I think nature is uplifting. Its constantly changing, no struggle just exists NOW. Heart