Pip benefit

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Morning 

I’ve just had my PIP claim, and they have paid me the full amount, even mobility, but I answered all the questions correctly, and told them (Macmillan on here), that I was still pretty mobile. I’m confused as he said I wouldn’t get that part. I know they’ve since spoken to my sarcoma nurses. Is this standard, or should I query it?

Thanks 

jane xx

• Hi Jane. They are really hot on these things, they obviously feel that you are entitled to it. Accept it and have some weekends away Grinning xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • DWP have no qualms in rejecting claims all the time - accept it graciously. And enjoy the choice it gives you.

• Hi  Jane

Chelle's right, you have been awarded the higher amounts on merit. Your responses will have been scrutinised carefully, they don't just give higher awards willy nilly. Enjoy your benefits.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Sorry OBS I would have included you in the last message but I thought my message had been sent long before now. I had to log in before the message would go and I thought it would appear. I took the liberty of copying the message before I logged in and well, that was a sound decision.

Don't you just love the eccentricities of the site!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I don't think you should be querying it.  You took advice, filled the form in, and they did their job and have since come to a decision.  End of.  Macmillan may have advised otherwise, but that's their interpretation and they are managing your expectations.  They (Macmillan) are not responsible for PIP policy or PIP decision making.    

• Hi 

I have just submitted my forms, my mobility is pretty badly affected so I should hopefully be entitled to something. 
    I would say they know what they are doing when they award claims though 

• Good luck Charlotte

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi Charlotte I hope you get what you are entitled to! Just remember the wheels turn slowly, so don't expect an answer quickly!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • That's good Jane. You are entitled to this so use it to make life more pleasant and get things that help you cope. Therapies that help with relaxation and stress cost money - they might help you through the difficult times.  Rainie x