The difference between knowing and not knowing!

• 16 replies
  • 45 subscribers

The difference between knowing and not knowing!

We all leave in the end but for most people, they don't always know until nearer the end

I guess with incurable disease, we often get advanced notice of some kind but even that doesnt mean anything.

I have thoughts like this, sometimes. Even today, i was treated to another trip to.the Bluebells near Wickham and I was thinking about the number of young people ive known who went suddenly.

Still, the Bluebells look good. They've had the longest best.season.down here. I cannot think of better place to be again today

Take care everyoneHeart

Tony

• I have been thinking about this a lot over the last few months, as my dear friend passed away very suddenly 9 months ago. She was sat on the sofa, next to her husband watching tv, and her heart just stopped. A healthy 50 year old with no health problems, just left us.  

To be honest, I am still trying to process the fact that she is no longer here. I can’t go to places that we used to go together.  I actually thought I saw her in Tesco last week. My husband saw the colour drain from my face, and saw why for himself, this lady looked so much like her. But for me I went through a whole survivor’s guilt feeling. Why was she taken when I had been “dying” for 8 years. I wondered if our friends were feeling that way too, that it wasn’t fair that she was taken when I was still here. 

Grief is never easy whether we are prepared or not. But I think it is so important to tell the people who we care about the most, how we feel, and you don’t get that opportunity when it is sudden. 
    xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • O dear Chelle I am sorry for your loss it is hard when it is sudden and the person is young xx

Ruth 

• I think about the things I used to be able to do.

I t try and be glad I have done all the things I have done and how fit and able I was for so many years my first grandchild will be here soon in June x

Ruth 

• You have had a good interesting life and lovely to be able to see your granddaughter. I will have a granddaughter soon.

sorry about your pain. It is tough I wake up with pain in my shoulder and the headaches are starting to come back.

my palliative care doctor has written to my GP asking  for him to give me a bigger bottle of Oramorph and increase the zomorph 

Ruth 

• I remember that happening Chelle and how hard it hit you. Time can heal but it takes a lot longer than it has been for you, a lot longer. Remember the good times of which I am sure there was loads. Xx

• You say it well..We need to share feelings. Ive known people much younger than me.die suddenly or diseases. None of us know for certain but for some of us, we know time maybe short. Im still here and to be honest, i thought i would be gone before December. Not sure if sudden death is better than slow exit. The dibility of dying slowly has allowed me to do things and i can leave my life knowing im okay with the things. But its strange really.