Scanxiety, feeling like a fraud but happy to be here

• 27 replies
  • 50 subscribers

It is a year since I completed my palliative chemotherapy which was started after the surgeons decided that my cancer was too far advanced to operate. The spread that stymied my op has disappeared and they say it takes the eye of faith to see the original tumour. So I feel like a fraud here in the incurables.

You have helped to save my sanity over the last 18 months. Thank you all for your support, your kind words, your irreverence and your fantastic humour.

You may spot that I am feeling a little soupy. My 3 monthly scan is tomorrow so I know that I am suffering from scanxiety. My review appointment is on the 9th, but I will be amazed if the results are reported by then. I am hopeful about remaining a stable mable though.

Thanks to all the incorrigibles for your fantastic support. 

• Fingers crossed for good scan results 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Hi Sal, best of luck for your scan later. 

We're all here for support for each other. We all have something in common that we alone can understand each others fears and anxieties. Sal, you have hit the nail on the head when you say you're suffering from scanxiety. I wish I were with you later to put an arm around your shoulders. I think we'd all like to be with you but we all wouldn't fit in the waiting room! What a sight that would be! I'll have to be satisfied with being there in spirit for you.

Take care and stay safe Sal. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Sal. Scanxiety is horrid! We all know how that feels.

Please never think of yourself as a fraud. We are all so happy that your treatment has worked so well for you. It is so important for others to read such good news stories as well, it encourages us all, so thank you.

Sending lots of positive vibes for the 9th for the scan results. Look forward to hearing that you are still in the stable Mable club xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck with scan today. My scan is Friday, and review on the 5th, no way will it be back by then. 
    Take care xx 

• Good luck with your scan the waiting is the worst bit I would check it has been reported on before you go to your appointment I usually phone up the radiology department and check and rearrange the outpatient appointment if it is not reported on.

Ruth 

• You are a cornerstone here Sal and have done much for all of us. All crossed for you.

• Everything crossed for the scan results being good again. My tumours had regressed by nearly 50% after 3 cycles of chemo so I hope they'll have all but disappeared after my 6th!

My scan is on 24th May and my Oncologist's appt. is on the 31st May. I called my Oncologist's secretary so enquire if that'd be sufficient time for the results to be back and she said call her 2 days after the scan and she chase it up so she must have some clout. (When my GP ordered a CT scan for me the results took 16 days to come back!)

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Thanks for the fantastic support everyone and best wishes to Jane and MrsBJH for good news and speedy reporting for your scans. I had my scan this lunchtime, I could feel you there in spirit!  Hopefully my scanxiety will subside a little now until closer to results day! 

Sarah 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Salis

Thank you Sarah. Good luck for your results too xxx

• Thinking of you and got all the relevant appendages crossed. You are no fraud, so don't ever think like that. Hugs to you. Rainie x