Hello

• 18 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I really don't know what to say or how the group works but my name is Paul and I have Stage 4 Lung Cancer with Spinal Mets. Diagnosed last May '21 and currently on immunotherapy at Leighton Hospital. Please feel free to say hello back and thanks....

• Hi Paul, welcome to the group but sorry you find yourself here. Hope the immunotherapy is going well. X 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hello so sorry to hear that you have an incurable cancer and you find yourself in a group that you have never wanted to join. You're very welcome nevertheless and we'll be happy to hear from you. There are various groups and threads within the groups. We support each other, make everyone feel that they have a shoulder to cry on and an ear to listen to even make each other laugh. We're a very friendly and helpful bunch you'll find.

I look forward to get to know you Paul. I have a very rare  blood cancer (MDS) and I was diagnosed in March 2015 at the age of 57. I didn't think I would reach 60 but here it am, about to turn 64 in a couple of weeks. You'll find more details in my profile. I never looked, have you written yours yet?

Take care and stay safe Paul

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • You don't have say any more than you have. I believe there are members on here with the same type of thing you have got. Here to listen and give advice if we can and support always.  You will feel better for having joined us. 

• Hi Paul

Sorry you have had to join, though you are very welcome..

I have stage 3 Lung Cancer as well NSCLC, i had chemo, and the was offered immunotherapy, and i did every three weeks, for two years. i was on PEMBRO;IZUMAB, for me was  so much kinder than chemo.

It is a journey of discovery i have to say, and not one i would wish any one to be on,

Great bunch of people here with a lot of insight into many accepts of the journey, good and bad.

We  support every one when they mat need it, and i would not have got this far if not for this group,

You can moan, shout,  scream and even laugh, we have all done it.

Please to met you. Ellie x

• Hi Paul231044, sorry to see you have joined the incurable group, but welcome anyway, I have prostate cancer Mets in lymph nodes and extensively to my bones, but we might be incurable but not terminal, and long may we all remaining in this group.

All the best Ulls

• Hi Paul - I have stage 4 kidney cancer, spread to lungs.  I'm on immunotherapy (ipilimumab/nivolumab) which is progressing well, but on a mini-dip right now! 

• Thanks everyone for your welcome messages....I guess its a club, like us all, that I never wanted membership for. Here I am though and hoping to contribute and also to listen to some good advice. Thank you again.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Paul - I'm so sorry you find yourself here and I wish we could be meeting under better circumstances, but it's lovely to meet you Heart️ I hope your immunotherapy is going well and you have good support around you Xx

Look forward to chatting to you here X

Jess xx

• Welcome to the group x

Ruth 

• Absolutely incurable but definitely not out and thanks for the warm welcome from all of you....