My Heaven. My Hell

• 35 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi All,

Just been watching the BBC programme in which a bunch of celebs do a pilgrimage ( this series was from Ireland to Iona in footsteps of St Columba). I am not religious but I do like to see how people are affected by going on a long walk with a bunch of people of diverse faiths and beliefs. Anyway made me think about what my idea of heaven and hell would be, so I invite you to put in your own thoughts - humourous or serious, over to you.

To start this off

Heaven

A comfy chair in a  library in a peaceful setting, with woodland walks and a lake,  but with access to an ongoing music festival nearby, when I need to dance and laugh.

Hell

Taking part in an ongoing everlasting reality show with celebs and a maniacal audience.

• Hi , I've only had a few minutes to think about this. l may change my mind tomorrow! 

Heaven would be sitting in warm sunshine in a clearing in the little willow wood I've planted, making a willow structure such as a basket, deer or a structure for climbing plants.

Hell for me is a scumbag that scams the elderly or scumbags who break into people's homes to steal. I was at home one day when a youth about 17 broke into my house. I heard a loud noise which was the patio door being jemmied off. I came out of my bedroom to see him about to go into my daughter's room where my son's laptop was, containing a lot of his uni work. The youth turned and ran out through the hole where the door had been, unfortunately too fast for me.

Sorry if anyone has been offended by my strong description but it's how I feel. For months afterwards I was jumpy every time I heard a noise when I was alone in the house. The victim should never be forgotten about.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • It’s things like that you never forget. Your home should be your sanctuary and you should feel safe. Sorry that happened to you. These days we have to be far more vigilant with online scammers. They are the hidden ones that we don’t see who pray on the vulnerable. They make my blood boil xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

People like that are "insert unpleasant word or words" ! I agree with you and Chelle. I absolutely hate people who do that, or who scam others. It's disgusting and they don't know how it's going to affect others. It's very selfish and cruel.

There was a girl at school who lost her sister and one day, about two years ago someone stole her bag and it had a photo album in it with pictures of her sister and she said in an assembly in tears for whoever stole it to just leave it on the teachers desk one lunch and they didn't have to say who they were just return the album and whoever it was never did. She was heartbroken. 

Makes me so angry when people do anything like this. I also think it's very sad as well.

Jess xx

• Such a heartbreaking thing to do. Evil *******

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Heaven to me is sitting in the sunshine preferably by the sea.

my son had his bicycle stolen for his flat in London. He heard a noise and went into the room and shouted and the young man ran out but did get away with his bike.

it is hard to be on your own and see the burglar 

Ruth 

• Yes Ruth, it's very unnerving, not just when the incidence happen but also for weeks afterwards. Let him know that I have concerns for him please.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Thank you it was a shock for you 

Ruth 

• Send the scum round to me, we used to have rats in our last garden. Since then I have accrued enough things with triggers to make them wish they had made a different career choice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

That's awful for him Ruth. I hope he's ok after that Xx

Your heaven sounds fab, so relaxing and peaceful Heart

Hugs,

Jess xx

• Oh Rueh so sorry to hear that. It takes a long time to feel secure in your own home again. Swines the lot of them X