Motorhome holiday!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Good morning 

Can anyone recommend a company to hire a motor home for a week, near Hampshire ish, way? 

Am thinking this is our best way to get a holiday this year, but not sure where to start as never had one before!

Thank you 

Jane x 

• I have no idea sorry, but I recently watched a programme where a family had hired one, and it seemed so stressful trying to drive it down the tiny country roads, not sure its for me. 

lots of good static caravan holidays available online, worth a look. 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi Jane, I am sorry I can't help with your enquiry but we hired an RV (a large camper van) in Canada and it was fantastic. The sites there have everything you need, you plug in to the mains for electrics, water and the toilet. To be honest, the sites in the UK are well behind with their facilities. My sister has a camper van here and as Chelle has said, it is not a relaxing holiday. Why not try a caravan holiday? They are quite luxurious now and already plumbed in for you! So very relaxing!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette 

I can’t really go abroad as still under treatment etc and insurance is virtually impossible. 
    I just want to stay in this country. 
    Half my family live in Plymouth and they all have motor homes, and love them, I saw my auntie last week, as spent few days in Dorchester with her, and my mum, in a cottage. She highly recommended a motorhome , and could advise me where to park up etc, as they’ve been to loads of sites. Plymouth is full of small roads, so I’ll keep looking, but thank you anyway. 
    I just wanted some advice on here, for hiring one in England , trying to ge a bit adventurous, as I’m quite negative, so would love a positive response, but thank you. 

jane xx 

• Have a go Jane. As long as you are not driving a pantechnicon you will be ok. Choose your route with care, people will keep our of your way. If you find yourself in a jam or major  nuisance, pull over, get in the back and has a cuppa!. Xx

• We have a small motorhome, its a panel van conversion - think white van with windows, bed, shower/toilet room.  They can be hired as well. It depends how many of you there are.  Its great even if its just a day out.  We have four belted seats so we took our daughter and youngest grandson for a day trip to france last week.   So handy with our own facilities and the bed made up ready for a rest!
    go for it

• Hi Jane, If you have family who have motor homes then you have people to advise on what sites to go to that they have tried out themselves.

Now all you have to do is decide what area you want to tour round and get all the information before you go.

Just pack your bags and go for it! Nothing ventured, nothing gained!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!