Hard to follow thread!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 15 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi 

This site Is always  updating and trying to make improvements, it’s just taken me all morning to get myself logged back in. 

Does anyone else struggle to follow a thread? When there’s a new message, you have to scroll through pages, right to the end, why don’t they put the latest comments at the beginning, so the oldest ones are at the back, it makes no sense, or am I doing something wrong???

Rant over Joy 

xx 

• Hi Jane

I have the same problem, having to scrawl through to the last page. I did wonder if it is something wrong with my profile set up. Would be good to know if there is a simple way to fix this. 

Nigel x

• It would be a lot better if, when you clicked onto a thread, you just got the latest page instead of then having to go to the end page. Whenever I go to post on the Art thread I always have to go on through to the end page. I don't think it's my computer as it only ever happens on this site - the connection is always dropping too mid-post. Rainie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Rainieday

Yeah that’s exactly what I meant, it’s really frustrating. 
    Maybe the next update Joy xx

• Hi Jane, I am sorry you are struggling to follow posts.

you can skip to the latest comment by scrolling to the bottom of the page and click on the arrows at the bottom. 

Also if you are using a lap top or iPad, you can go directly to the last comment from the main page in the group. Each post on the list will show you the time of the latest comment 

so if you click as I have circled here on the 46 minutes ago, it will take you directly to that comment.

Hope this helps x 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • To go straight to the most recent post on a multipage discussion, click on the far right column, where it lists the latest post and by whom.   See the screenshot below - click in the highlighted area to show the last page of the "art for Arts Sake" discussion.   

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Mmum

I don’t even have that column on the right. I have to scroll to find the latest comments. 
    xx

• What device are using Jane? Are you using your phone ? X 

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Thanks Mmum I'll try to remember that.  Rainie x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Yes my phone xx

• Unfortunately that column does not show on your phone, so you will have to go to the bottom of the thread and use the arrows as shown in the first picture I posted in this thread. If the thread is long you can click the >> at the bottom to take you to the latest page in that thread. 

I am sorry you are having problems following the threads. If you feel that you need further help, please email community@macmillan.org.uk X

Chelle 

Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge