Holiday insurance disappointment

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Today I recieved what I thought was good news via an email that insurancewith were trading and issuing policies again however when I applied for a policy I found they are no longer the firm that deals with individuals you have to fit into tick boxes which with cancer that doesn't always happen. I tried to fill in the online form but found if I answered truthfully I fit into 2 boxes not one so I rang thinking I would get the personal service I had in the past but it was just a lady filling in the same boxes who had no medical knowledge and didn't know what to do about the two answers so my policy was declined. Anyway this is just a rant for which I apologise

• Hi Jane

Don't shoot this messenger either please!

You can understand that if you take ill on holiday and it's cancer related and you need chemo and a stay in hospital as well as a flight home then your insurance premium has to reflect that possibility and risk.

My haematologist told me that I can't go out of Europe because if I took ill out of Europe I would die and she emphasized the last part. I can't go on holiday anywhere where there are lots of hills and steps, not easy in a wheelchair. I go places where I am happy and content to enjoy nature but I'm happiest at home and in my garden.

Take care and stay safe Jane

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman 

Yes, of course, I totally understand that. 
    But my point is, that if it’s not cancer related, I’ve still paid a high premium for something else. 
    To be honest, I’m the same, love nature, and being at home, especially in my garden. 
    But we were thinking of doing a short Europe/England cruise for a couple of nights. I doubt it’ll happen, as need someone to look after my 15 year old stepson , it’s never straight forward. 

Thank you, you too 

Roll on spring, when we can relax in gardens a bit more 

xxx