Right to worry!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 19 replies
  • 46 subscribers

So, had my scan results and the cancer is already back in my pelvis, at 7.4cm. In just 9 weeks!

I knew something was wrong. Starting radiotherapy soon 

Telling my parents and my son us the hardest bit!

Absolutely petrified. Has anyone else had sarcoma recurrence? 

xxx

• Aw , so sorry to hear that. Try not to get into a state now, a few deep breaths and talk calmly to your parents and son, they'll be so so supportive. Take care Jane. Your oncologist will be doing his utmost, ask if there are any trials available. Others here will have some knowledge about that, so sorry I can't help you there. Sending lots of hugs.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Sorry to hear this Jane. What about the lung mets, were they the same? Are they going to treat the pelvis and lungs as well? Did they give you any advice on how to deal with the issues you were experiencing while you wait for the radiotherapy? Sorry lots of questions. There are lots of ladies in the womb group who have done very well on radiotherapy xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • so sorry to hear that. I have Kidney cancer which has spread to my spine and pelvis I am currently on Pazopanib 600mg everyday and every 4 weeks I have a denosumab injection which currently has stopped the tumours in their tracks for the last 15 months.  Don't give up there are many treatments and hopefully they can find one that works for you

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to chellesimo

Thanks Chelle

The lung

mets are pretty much stable, I’ve been told to stop the letrozole as didn’t think it was doing anything. 
    They are only treating pelvis at mo. 
    No, they didn’t , it’s horrible, I knew I could feel something inside me. 
    Maybe I’ll join the womb group. I’m so blinking frightened and just need a glimmer of hope! 
    Thank you xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Remoh

Sorry to hear that too, blinking cancer is evil. 
    One minute , you’re running around and getting on with life, the next, it all comes tumbling down ! I’ve not even been married three years yet, it’s all gone wrong since then. Anyway, I’ll stop moaning, 

That’s great, that it’s stopped your tumours, amazing . 

Thank you Richard 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Thank you TVman. That’s reminded me, I need to call my mum back. She was on the phone earlier. 
    My son is great, and told me to stop blaming myself. It’s so difficult not to. 
    I hope so, they’d better do their utmost, I’m not ready to go yet. 
    Thank you 

Pray x x 

• That’s good news about the lung mets. I think it will be good for you to join the womb group as well, especially as you are having radiotherapy now. There are some lovely ladies in the group, and I know they will welcome you just as warmly as here xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • So sorry Jane to hear your news but they will work with a plan for you huge hugs xxxxx

Flippen
  • Hi Jane, I am so sorry to hear your news. I hope the treatment goes well. I have found my local cancer care centre very helpful, when you are ready it may be something that can help you.

Sarah 

• Hi ,

I may have replied to you about this before or I possibly didn't get a notification. Either way it's great news for you Richard, fingers crossed for you that it stays that way Fingers crossedSmiley

Take care and stay safe Richard

Tvman

Love life and family.