Cryotherapy!!

• 5 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi Everyone, I wonder has anyone else had Cryotherapy where they use liquid nitrogen to freeze a lump? On Tuesday, I had 4 lumps frozen, one on my cheek (face!) one on my temple and the other two on my leg. I have had this treatment before at Dermatology and haven't had a problem with it.

This time, 3 are fine but the one on my temple is red raw and very sore. I know they say it takes a week or two for these lumps to fall off but as this has not happened on previous occasions I just wondered had anyone else had this! Thanks peeps! Have a great weekend!

• That sounds painful having lumps frozen 

I have never had it done but I would contact them and ask what you can put on it .It sounds painful and an awkward place to put a dressing on.

Ruth 

• I hope the soreness is settling, it sounds  as if you should contact them to see if there is anything that can be done to help.

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• Hi Ruth & Sal, Thank you for taking the time to reply! On the sheet I was given by the hospital, it says it can get worse before it gets better! Although in the past, on the day it got done, it was very painful but by the following day it was ok. Maybe I've just been lucky up until now!

I will leave it over the weekend but if it is no better by Monday, I will take your advice and call the clinic!

Thanks again!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi , i had one done on my forehead...it was very red to and a bit swollen. And i remember thinking now it looks worse then before...but about 6-8 weeks later it was totaly gone!!!!

• Thanks Pet, That is very reassuring as I thought that too! It looks ten times worse than it did before because it now looks red raw and bigger whereas before it was pink and blended in!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!