Daylight lamp

• 12 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I am not a fan of this time of year - so miserable to get up in the morning to darkness, and now at 4pm, is dark and wet and cold outside. The dogs and I went for a brief blow around the streets earlier, and of course it helps to get out even when the weather is grim. I decided to treat myself to a daylight lamp which i can put on when I am having my breakfast - is very bright and somewhat harsh but it does definitely remind me of the sun. So far only had it on a few days, but will see if it lightens the dark mornings in terms of mood. I bought my daugher an alarm clock/ lamp a few years ago which starts to light up and gets brighter minute by minute also using the daylight spectrum, birdsong also plays and gets louder - she says it is much nicer to wake up to than some harsh sound.

Spring will come, only 14 days to shortest day.

xx

• Hello OBS, I've had one of those lights for some years - it's a great big box. It really helped in Sheffield and I still hate the winter months. The light is better in Norfolk and I don't use it for as long as I did in the North. But all the lights in the house are now daylight bulbs and it's so much better and not half so tiring and depressing. I hope it works for you as well.  Rainie x

• Sorry Pet1968, but I don't know where you are - but would love some of that heat - even a little bit if you could spare some. I always think that pain is worse when you're cold.   Take care, Rainie x