Spinal injection for pain relief

• 46 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi everyone, I've an appointment tomorrow morning at the Ulster hospital for an injection at the base of my spine which will maybe give me pain relief and I may, repeat may, be able to get out of my wheelchair for a period of days. I've been told that it's a one off and there won't be any more. Definitely not. It's an effort to give me a chance to walk along the beach or walk through the Mourne Mountains (a little).

Fingers crossed for me y'all SmileyThumbsup

Tvman xx 

• Sounds unpleasant and it would be good to get it sorted. I know about carpal tunnel syndrome but I had never heard of cubital  tunnel syndrome. I do know where the cubital nerve is and the funny bone when knocked is painful.

Good luck x

Ruth 

• I'd love to hear that you were beginning to get some relief. Fingers crossed for you tvman.  Rainie x

• Very many thanks to all who replied with good wishes and advice, it's really appreciated. Well a couple of weeks post op I'm doing fine.My wife and I along with our daughter, son in law, grandson and granddaughter went out yesterday evening for a meal.

I took the bull by the horns and asked my daughter not to get my chair out of the boot. I walked in, head held high and found my son in law at our table. I couldn't have done that for the last 6 years. I couldn't have walked much further, my back was starting to burn but hey, it's an improvement albeit small. 

The cherry on the cake was that there was a disabled toilet too! 

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Sounds more than a small improvement to me Tvman, it sounds massive. Let's hear of more over Christmas.

• Hi Norbs, you're quick on the ball! I'll do my best. Take care my friend 

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • That’s great, having nearly ended up paralysed I remember how it feels to walk normally under your own steam again it’s fantastic. Long may it continue for you

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Well done you a great achievement so early on as well!!! don't over do it baby steps for a bit so pleased for you xxx

Flippen
  • Well done tvman. How brilliant to walk in xx

Ruth 

• Wow that's so great!!! You must have felt wonderful. It's not a marathon, but for you it must feel like one, i'm very happy for you!!!!

• WOW!! TVman just read this, how fantastic that would be, walking under your own steam!

ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN............ONE GIANT LEAP FOR TVMAN!!

Way to go!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!