Spinal injection for pain relief

• 46 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi everyone, I've an appointment tomorrow morning at the Ulster hospital for an injection at the base of my spine which will maybe give me pain relief and I may, repeat may, be able to get out of my wheelchair for a period of days. I've been told that it's a one off and there won't be any more. Definitely not. It's an effort to give me a chance to walk along the beach or walk through the Mourne Mountains (a little).

Fingers crossed for me y'all SmileyThumbsup

Tvman xx 

• Good luck tvman, you'll be walking along the beach before you know it xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • And??? Did you get it? Can you feel anything yet...sorry i have never been patient Slight smile

• The thing is Pet is that you in Assieland are two days in front of Tvman, he, being in in Ireland is two days behind the rest of the world.! I don't know when we all come together. You are right though Pet we don't expect to wait, its a bit of a liberty.

• Ha ha ha ha ha Joy There's always a joker in the pack. I shall answer Pet as it's nearly dinnertime for her and you're probably well in the land of nod.

Tvman 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tvman, I am not in the land of nod and have also been wondering how you got on? Please don't keep me in suspenders! Or do I mean suspense!! Ho Ho Ho! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Pet

Yes, I had the steroid injection, well 4 of them actually. 2 in the left side of my lower spine and 2 on the right side. The 2 on the right side had me in a lot of pain. Today I was out and about but maybe just a little less painful. I did walk from the car into a couple of shops and there was definitely still pain!

The doctor told me not to expect a miracle.

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Well done it was brave to have the steroid injections 

well done for walking. It may take time to work. At least you tried even if it isn’t 100%sucessful 

I have my CT scan on the 21st January. It seems a long time ahead to wait but I haven’t had any more problems.

it will be interesting to see how my lungs are now I am more breathless and if I am likely to get more bleeding x

Ruth 

• You definitely have to give steroid injections time to work, and, I believe, work they will.

• You do remember from a happier time Annette, I can't be doing with the mention of suspenders, it brings on the vapours! 

• Oh Ruth, so sorry to hear that you are having bleeding problems and I hope you CT scan shows improvement.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.