Sore bottom

• 6 replies
  • 48 subscribers

I am on a trial with a drug like regorafenib called fruquintinib. It gives me a sore bottom as did regorafenib and chemo before. I have an ileostomy as well. Does anyone have any remedy? Thanks Michael

• You might try this - it's very soothing for bum soreness: Bene Pura Yarrow ointment - for sensitive mucous membrane. You can get it on Amazon, and maybe google it  otherwise. You will think it very expensive [about £14] and it's a little pot, but you only use a tiny bit for each application and it lasts ages.

I don't know if the drugs are making you go more often - and that is prompting the soreness - but if so it may indicate that the flora in your tum is being put out of balance [a bit like when we react badly to some antibiotics] in which case eating tubs of LIVE yoghourt with a bit of honey can help restore the balance. Take care and hope you feel more comfy soon.  Rainie x

• Thanks. I actually have an ileostomy but will try this cream. 

• I don't have the same problem as you but I use conotrane for any soreness in delicate areas, it is advertised for nappy rash, pressure sores and irritated skin. I find it very effective.

Sarah 

• You could try lignocaine gel which my husband uses for piles x

Ruth 

• It is called anusol 

Ruth 

• Hi I hope one of these remedies work for you! Bottoms Up!! LOL!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!