Did I say I had no side effects?

• 23 replies
  • 52 subscribers

I said I had no major side effects from dose 1 of Erubulin. Spoke too soon, havnet been sick or anything, but the fatigue is awful. I have been mainly horizontal since Sunday - just about walk dogs round a short circuit and then lie down again. Housework, what is that? Have managed to make myself a veg stew today, so maybe been a bit more vertical today. No doubt by Friday morning I will feel fighting fit, just in time for dose 2 on Friday afternoon. I know fatigue isnt the worst side effect i could have, and many have and are having much worse, but it does sap positivity.. Still I get next week off so am really hoping that full energy returns for a while.

Full sympathy to anyone going through worse, or the same.

• Oh OBS I feel for you. Fatigue can be the worst. I hope you perk up soon.

Sorry for the short response, so tired Slight smile

Much love,

Stuart x 

• Thanks Stuart. I am sure your fatigue is of a different order- so no apologies needed for short response. Sleep is demanded.

Love

Di

xx

• It seems fatigue is a big side effect of most anti cancer meds.  My pazopanib causes fatigue.  It’s a weird fatigue as some days I seem to be able to plod along all day quite happily other days I do a little then need an afternoon nap. Hopefully as your body gets used to it the fatigue will ease a little 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• I do hope things improve for you OBS, it really doesn't sound very pleasant at all. X

• Fatigue has been my worst side affect.  It says positivity and hope.  Much love, take care and take it easy.  

• Fatigue is so sapping, I hope that the effect isn't cumulative. Best wishes for your week off x

Sarah 

• What a shame OBS, I hope it will not be as bad after dose 2 and you get a full week the following week.

Richard (Remoh) is right though, fatigue is a common factor with many meds for pain and cancer. The Occupational Therapist tells me it is our body protecting itself, so if we feel like a nap, we should have one and on a day it is not so bad, just try to pace ourself. It is very frustrating!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Yes fatigue prevents you from doing things.

just do things when you are having a better day.

sleep is good as well xxx

Ruth 

• Sorry to hear you are having a rough time but maybe it's good to let the tiredness dicate terms and sleep often - thinking of sleep as a medicine that you need.  Take it easy. Rainie x

• I certainly do listen to my body - it wont let me not! I love snoozing to be truthful. snuggled up under a blanket on the sofa with radio 4 burbling away. Today I felt 70% normal - went to hosp for bloods and PCR test. Walked dogs twice ( I do manage that most days). No doubt , as I said before, i will feel 100% tomorrow and then go for second treatment in the afternoon. And it all starts again. I hope my body will gradually get used to it, and second time isnt worse than first.  But whatever it throws at me, hopefully I can cope. I find being on the chemo unit strangely comforting - I went 3 weeks out of 4 for 2 years so I sort of missed it in the 2 years on oral treatments. Does that make me weird?  Thanks for yout thoughts.

xx