Just diagnosed and freaking out

• 26 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi im 36 and just been diagnosed with incurable metastatic adenocarcinoma of unknown primary. Im waiting for my pet scan and i just feel so alone. I dont know what i should be doing or who to speak to. Anyway i just wanted to say hi

• Hi such a young age to be diagnosed so sorry for you well you are not alone by joining our great group of people who will be there night and day for you when you want a chat and support just take a breath and take each day as it comes I know it's such a shock when you are diagnosed it's a roller coaster of a ride we are here for you xxxx

Flippen
  • Hi Gemmsy. You are not alone, you have got plenty of new friends on here.

Someone will have the same cancer as you and may be able to offer advice. 

How you feel is how we all felt at one time, just keep posting and asking anything you want, we are all here for you. Xx

• Hi Gemmsy,

Sorry that you find yourself here, but it is a warm friendly place, but there are people here at all hours, so it doesn't usually take too long to get an reply when you post.

Best wishes for your pet scan. 

Sarah 

• Hello Gemmsy. We're here for you when you need to talk. One day at a time. I found it helpful to sort out the practical matters once the initial shock was over. With that behind me it was easier to face things. You can't settle things in your mind all at once. It's a process for all of us.Sending you a big hug. Come back and tell us how you're doing.  Rainie x

• Thank you that means alot. I just keep going through every emotion possible. Im angry scared and then i feel a little more positive. Then i go back to angry and scared

• Thank you i need all the support i can get!

• Thank u i need a space just to let out my feelings

• Hi 

It's a very worrying time for you as it was for all of us in this group. In my case I was diagnosed in 2015 with bone marrow cancer and 8 months later I was diagnosed with a different unrelated to cancer, spinal condition that has put me in a wheelchair for life so I had difficulty in coming to terms with both. 

I don't know about your cancer, there will probably be a list of cancers where you should be able to chat to others with a similar cancer. 

There's also a MacMillan helpline to ring where you can get help. It's free and a fantastic resource for people like you who feel alone and are needing to speak to someone. The number is 0808 808 00 00 and will be well worth contacting.

Take care and stay safe Gemmsy

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi tvman sorry you have had such an awful time. Are you still being treated for cancer if you dont mind me asking?