Totally, completely unrelated to anything important

• 28 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Do you all in the UK find Ted Lasso as hilarious as we USers do, or is it just us laughing at us and stereotypes of you all?

You would think you'd stop watching time-sucking TV when you're terminal, but I find I just need it to be better quality. Still need to veg sometimes though.

Patricia

• I have no idea who Ted Lasso is I’m afraid.  Haven’t seen him on TV over here.

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Not heard of him I'm afraid, but if he's an American comic, we probably don't find him funny at all Laughing

Stuart x 

• Never heard of him Patricia. I don't find ours funny at all nowadays, so any suggestions of where you can get a good laugh would be appreciated. They are all so usually banal, not at all funny and swear a lot to make up for the paucity of their material.  Rainie x

• I've never heard of him either, I watch The Great British Bake Off, and various quiz shows - Only Connect, Mastermind, University Challenge and Pointless to name a few. For a change of scene I am working my way through a box set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sarah 

• Bake off and Eggheads, why is anyone watching anything else on either side of the Atlantic?

• Ha! Norberry's mention of Monty Python in another thread made me think of this.

It's a series that we get on HBOmax. American (from America, and referring to they type of football) football coach goes to UK to coach a (soccer) football team. I find the humor about an American archetype hilarious. And the (soccer) footballers too. Not sure it it will translate? They do use the W word a lot - is that a cuss word I need to abbreviate in mixed company??? But it's making fun of you all using it.

Eggheads, eh? I'll look it up.

Patricia

• Hi Patricia, Sorry I've never heard of him either. I also don't know what you mean by the W word, sorry. However some people think a four letter word that's a bad word is "work"!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • There is a W word much used by blokes in each others company . It's a term of abuse and if it is the six letter word I am thinking of then you would be better off not using it in pleasant company!

• Not just blokes! You can get so much into that word. Trouble is, nowadays you could use it rather a lot.  Rainie x

• We all know the word you mean ha ha 

Ruth