COVID BOOSTER & FLU JAG!

• 57 replies
  • 57 subscribers

Hi Everyone, I wonder what, if any side effects anyone has had after one or both of these injections!

As my husband works part time for the NHS, he had his just over two weeks ago. He had both, in the same arm. The next day he had a huge lump on his arm, headaches and the chives. I had both yesterday (Sun) & had one on each arm. Today I have a terrible headache, dizziness, nausea and sore joints. Funny thing is, I had the booster on my left arm and it has been fine. The flu jag on my right arm has made the arm painful from the jag site to my hand. 

I was wondering has anyone else had any problems and could you tell me what they are please! I'm wondering if my right arm is sore because I have been having problems with  anyway. However I have never had any reaction before with e flu jag which is why I thought it would be OK to get it in this arm! 

Hope this finds everyone as good as they can be.  Oh I hate the dark nights but love the Autumn colours!

• Hi there you are not kidding about side effects!!!!!!!! my first jab was the Oxford one apart from the bad arm the rest of the side effects didn't happen to me until the early hrs the following day I was shaking that much in bed it was like a scene from the exorcist  film!!!!!!! the second one was Oxford again only had the painful arm this time I had my 3rd booster on Saturday with the flu jab this on was the Pfizer one and I asked the nurse about symptoms I might have she said because you are having a different one from your previous two you might get what you experienced from your first one this is what I thought would happen as she said your body doesn't recognise this one so your body will take time to adjust well I sat down and waited for the 15 minutes to pass and within that time I had a strange feeling in the arm I had been jabbed with from the top of my arm to my finger tips I had the sensation of pins and needles so I called the nurse over to me as I was getting worried she said don't worry your body is adjusting already this did pass by the time I got home but then like you say I got every other symptom you could get I still feel awful now including feeling sick have only ate the odd slice of toast and that's been a struggle I really hope to feel better soon xxxxxx

Flippen
  • Hi Annette, I am having my booster on Saturday, and the flu jab the Saturday after. I am dreading them both ! I think the headache and body aches are a common side effect of the covid jab and booster. The last covid jab I had I had a gland in my arm pit swell like a golf ball, and I couldn’t raise my arm for a week. 
    I have had a flu jab before which made my arm swell on the injection site. I had it checked by GP who said the needle had gone into a muscle, maybe this is what has happened with you? 
    Hope you start to feel better soon.  Xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • I think it is important we all get the jabs. I wanted to have one in each arm of the flu and covid booster. But they didn’t offer me that I have had the flu jab and get the covid booster on Thursday . Really pleased to be getting it. Apparently we all get the Pfizer one this time and I had AstraZeneca last time. I have had no reactions to any of them so far xx

Ruth 

• Hi Ruthjp

Yhsts what j wanted to happen to but seems like I am only getting my flu jab! As my nurse called me on Sunday to ask me as she was in the area did I want my flu jab done no mention of covid though. 

Unfortunately I was not well so she is coming sometime this week to do it 

Was you due to have your booster about this time from when you had your last one ? 

Take care 

Jimbobs 

• I contacted my GP practice myself and they arranged the booster for me and my husband 

Ruth 

• Yes it is 6 months since we had the last one 

Ruth 

• Oh ok maybe I will do that then , thanks 

Take care 

Jimbobs

• I had 2 astra zeneca, first one the sore arm lasted nearly 2 weeks and the side effect of shivers and feeling rubbish were from day 2 to day 3 after the jab, second one sore arm for a week and side effects similar but lesser on day 2 and 3 post jab. Had he booster 5 months after the second jab this was a pfizer, again sore arm but only for about 5 days and very minimal side effects other than that. Had the flu jab last saturday and had a sore arm which is now wearing off and slight flu like symptoms that are no wearing off too. 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Hi Annette 

I'm going to get both on Thursday. Northern Ireland is behind the rest of the UK, now there's a surprise. Not!!

Take care and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • I have had both injections which were the Pfizer version. I was one of the lucky ones I suppose with no side effects at all, just the usual feeling of being aware I had an injection. I go this Sunday for my booster & flu jab, it will be interesting to see how things go this time. Fingers crossed!!

Take care, Tom.