Nausea

• 6 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Does anyone else have this problem. I have it every morning and at times during the day.

I take ondansatron 8mgs twice a day and I think I need more 

I was having to walk out in the garden and take deep breaths yesterday 

• Hi sorry to hear you feel this way I also have been on what you are on but I find what I am on now is better it's called metoclopramide  hydrochloride in liquid form I was put on what you are on as a substitute as the hospital had run out I am sure that if you phone up the hospital they would advise you but it does work for me i hope you feel better soon xxx

Flippen
  • Sorry to hear this Ruth. Odansatron is usually really good. I have domperidone sometimes and that helps. 

Stuart x 

• Ruth, sorry to hear about the nausea. I did lots of chemo and so lots of anti-nausea meds. I believe I took ondansetron every 8 hours. There are several other options if that isn't working or isn't enough. I've had (from what I can remember) decadron (which they may give you during radiation), metoclopromide, prochlorperazine, scopolamine (those patches you put behind your ears on cruises), aprepitant (emend), maybe promethazine, and olanzapine, which was pretty new at the time. Side effects for me were mainly sleepiness. No reason for nausea, if you haven't exhausted all the options. 

Feel better!

Patricia

• Hi Ruth, So sorry to hear this, it is so debilitating. The one thing that works for me, after trying many different ones, is Domperidine! Hope you manage to get something that works for you, very soon!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
    • Hi Ruth, I am on Domperidine as well and I find they work well.
    • Rose xx
  • Hi Ruth, Metaclopramide works for me, I  mainly feel nausea in the night though. I hope that you find something to help you. 

Sarah