Radiotherapy

• 72 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I had the conversation with my oncologist and will start the 5 doses of treatment as soon as I can get a MRI?

There is a wait time for the MRI then I will start in 2-3 weeks.

I did feel emotional  after the conversation. My oncologist  agreed to prescribe some lorazepam to help me cope with the MRI and planning for the mask etc. I do know what it is like as I had 33 doses 10 years ago. He offered me another 33 doses which I said I didn’t want, these 5 doses are palliative to help with the headaches and slow things down . He also said my lungs are getting progressively worse. He thinks now that I have some months left but the radiotherapy will not extend my life.xx

• I agree with you Rainie,  from the one photo I have seen of you previously, you can definitely tell that little Lucy is your granddaughter. Enjoy every moment of your time with them.

I am so happy to hear that the headaches are easing for you, and you are starting to feel better.  Xx 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Beautiful grandchildren Tvman Heart eyes

• I'm so glad you're feeling the benefits already Ruth. xx

• Thank you Chelle xx

Love life and family.
  • Thank you  xx

Love life and family.
  • What lovely kids , you must have such a great time...enjoy!!!

• Oh Tvman, They are gorgeous, what a fantastic photo & Harry looks all the part of protective big brother!

Ruth, I am so pleased the headaches are improving, I hope they get better day after day until they are all gone!            June is approaching fast, haven't I been saying you will be here to greet your first grandchild??? In June, I'll be saying "Congrats, I told you so"!!!! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Thank you all for your kind messages.

Annette I feel I have something to live for to see my 1st grandchild and hold her in my arms it will be wonderful. My daughter has morning sickness and even vomited outside a car park in Bristol on her way to work. Otherwise she is fine.

I am envious of you and tvman with your grandchildren 

my headaches are reducing but I still need the morphine x

Ruth 

• Thank you Annette 

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ruth 

Your turn to be a granny won't be long now. How long has your daughter to go? I hope everything goes smoothly for your daughter. Do you know the sex of your grandchild? My daughter had the sex of her baby written and sealed in an envelope which she opened on Christmas Day and my wife and I and Ben's parents watched live also. It was very emotional especially as she had a little 4 year old son, Harry. Nicole, my daughter, had lots of days when she was sick too.

I really hope that you see your grandchild soon. There will be tears of joy, Ruth.

Take care and stay safe Ruth

Tvman

Love life and family.