The uncertainty of it all

• 17 replies
  • 46 subscribers

I guess like some other people, the familiar emotions are felt . I dont think im in denial but I sometimes feel that i am looking at me from the outside, like is this really happening. I accept that everything is impermanent and ends but when I see the outside world carrying on as usual and people in their 80s or older still so active, I get a feeling of sadness. Death doesn't scare me but the ending and control on life does. I hope I can stay around for a while with this disease. though im 60 and previously healthy, I do feel my future is cut short.

Hope you understand

Take care

Tony

• Thanks for your offer. I think we can live full lives in a shorter time. Living NOW in this moment. Heart

• I have similar feelings when I think of age it is hard. Though I would have liked to have lived to see my grandchildren I am not sure I wanted to live to my 90s like my mother did. Old age can be miserable.

the uncertainty of it all is hard but I still enjoy the moments and the sunshine and seeing my family and friends. I think i have to be grateful for what I have xx

Ruth 

• Thanks Ruth.

i know what you mean. My Mother lived to 97 having survived cancer twice. The 90s were difficult for her as health failed. Even so Im not sure she lived as fully as she had wished in her life. My vieHeart is to make the most of life so as not to regret. She had many regrets but i told her I had some regrets but given the same choices, I would make the same choices again. Have a good dayHeart

• Hi Tony, I feel exactly the same. I'm 63 and I was looking forward to a healthy retirement. I have bone marrow cancer. Bone marrow generates our blood so I look upon it as the engine room of our bodies. Mine is faulty and it's not producing enough haemaglobin and neutrophils in my body.

I feel fine but my blood numbers tell me I'm not well. I'm going to struggle to breathe and I'm not looking forward to that, it has happened before and I went down like a ton of bricks and hit the deck. 

My hope for a long life it seems is going to be cut short but meanwhile I'm not going anywhere. I have my garden and memories. It's unbelievable how much sitting in my garden helps my inner strength and.mind. 

I understand Tony only too well. Take care my friend.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tony,

My feelings are similar to yours, and it can be simply overwhelming,. Like Rainieday I try to box up the cancer, and sometimes that works for a while.

It is always good to put a message on here though, there are so many people in comparable situations and I have benefited from their kind, wise and funny words. 

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• I also think expectations ring true. We often think about living to 80+ and this is true in many people. But it is has no guarantee. If we can say we have enjoyed a fairly good life then thats good too. Its knowing how when then end draws close that i feel overwhelmed. Enjoy TODAY.

• Yes I know what you mean. I think of cancer alot. Sometimes, i box it up too. I was hoping for some decent Years ahead but now this wont happen.