End of life

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 50 subscribers

Hi Jim788 here unfortunately  my cancer  has got a lot worse very quickly  I have use of arms and hands but otherwise  immobile I have good backup  it was only a month ago I was arranging  a new car with a inbuilt hoist all that had to be cancelled  anyway sorry there is no good news for me this for me is no life I have many friends  and of course you my second family my respect form has been filled I dont want die in hospita sorry to be somewhat  down when does one say goodbye 

• I can only say how sorry I am to hear that Jim. My hopes to you for your future.

• Oh Jim my friend, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you're as comfortable as possible and that you make it home.

Much love,

Stuart x 

• Dear Jim, you are in my thoughts, I hope you are comfortable and in no pain. Hope you get home soon x

Flowerlady x
  • So sorry to hear your news i hope that you make it home huge hugs xxx

Flippen
  • Hi ,

If you can't say what you need to on this forum, then where can you? Glad you have done the respect form and hoping you get exactly what you need to make your final time comfortable and peaceful with your friends and family with you.

x

• Jim, so sorry to read this, May the rest of your Journey be as comfortable as it can be. You say goodbye when you want too and if you are still here after that we will be delighted to hear from you. My thoughts are with you 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• So sorry that things have changed so quickly for you Jim. I hope you get to stay at home and that you are comfortable.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Patmart 

• Sorry to hear that Jim...i hope you can be home surrounded by your family..hug pet

• Hi Jim, Sorry to hear your latest news and so upset you won't be getting your car with the hoist after all! I don't want to die in hospital either Jim but I wouldn't mind being in a hospice where my family can be around me without seeing the worst of it. I do hope you can come back from this. Remember that as fast as things can change for the worst, they can also change for the better. I'm relieved you have filled out your Respect Form, just make sure the people and doctors in the hospital know your preferences.

You take care and get home soon. Don't worry about saying goodbye, just make it toodlepip when you feel like it but as Richard has nicely put it, even after that, you can still come back and post whenever you feel like it. After all, no one really knows. Do you remember how many "come backs" Frank Sinatra had!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers Jim!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi 

I'm so sorry to hear your news, make sure you get home from hospital if that's how you feel, I think that's how I want to go when my time comes. It's just after 4am and my wife has just reached out to me and took my hand and put it in hers. It's tender moments like that can only happen at home when at the same time I can look out my bedroom window and see the bank of wildflowers and also the small apples forming on the apple tree. 

My wife is worried that I may catch an infection when we go to England on Monday but I really want to see my daughter and her husband as well as my 5 year old grandson who thinks the world of me. Then there's my 7 week old granddaughter who is smiling a lot. I want to hold her and see her smiling at me. 

Jim, I've never met you but I feel I know you and you're a part of my second family and I'm so proud to say that. You're in my thoughts a lot in these wee small hours. Take care my friend and stay proud. Lots of love your way Jim. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.