Husband

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 25 replies
  • 49 subscribers

My Husband decided to leave me on Monday we have been together 18 years! He said he didn’t love me anymore! How can humans be so cruel? 

• It is good your family support you in your decision xx

Ruth 

• Sorry , I must have missed the post(s) re your husband's affair and I wish I had been there for support for you. 

I do remember that when I posted about my excess drinking that you and others said that you had also experienced problems with your OHs drinking and behaviour. I'm glad that I wasn't so severe and didn't cause any family distress. I wanted to nip it in the bud and the help I had was superb and very supportive. With me it was boredom, loneliness and a little of woe is me thrown in. 

What surprised me to a great extent was the high number of OH poor behaviour in such a small sample of our members. Horrifyingly, some OHs had left their partners at a period when they were diagnosed with cancer and needed most. Our Daloni is one that stands out. 

It would appear that the weather is going to pick up again so let's all get a spring in our steps and get out into the garden. I hope there's some way you can get out for some fresh air Tinalay. I don't have any steps to get a spring into but I can lift my mood!

Take care all

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman
    • You did give me the support I needed  which is why I was surprised that you felt you hadn’t known. You’re right, several of us were going through the same thing at the same time. I was quite shocked yesterday when excessive drinking was flagged up as a major factor adding to the distress again. Daloni’s experience was heartbreakingly bad especially as she was trying to protect her girls too.
      We have floor to ceiling doubles glass doors in the therapy room, so when we put the bed by the window it’s almost as good as being outside and I love, love, love it. I’ll do everything I can, it feels like I’ve been given another chance to make happy memories with family & friends.
    • No idea where these dots came from! 
      Sending big hugs all round & hoping for comfortable days and sleep filled nights xx

• . Sorry to hear this shocking news. I hope you have had chance to get over the initial shock. You don’t have anything on your profile so unsure your exact situation 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Devon77 - huge huge big hugs.  You will be feeling very shocked no doubt and you have probably got those horrible words stuck in your head right now.  As a divorced person myself I can sympathise but I will say this - you honestly don’t need him.  You need to take some time to process then get yourself a lawyer to find out where you stand.  You need to protect yourself from any further upheaval that is out of your control.  Good luck, we are all rooting for you.  You aren’t on your own, we are a shadow army at your side, just remember that x