Radiotherapy

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi Everyone 

sorry I have not been on here for a while well had my 5 day radiotherapy was not as bad as I thought it would be it was that mask thing you have to wear. Have not had a lot of side effects which is good, my short term memory loss not as bad as I thought it would be..just waiting now for results which I get on the 10th June was talk of me going to Christie’s in Manchester which will be good I think .sometimes I think about how much more fight I have left in me or how much more can I take. 

Thank you all 

Belinda xxx

• Hi Belinda,

It's great that you didn't have much reaction to the radiotherapy. I had 5 shots a few weeks ago and had no reaction as well. It did exactly what it was supposed to too (stopped some bleeding). I've actually signed up for 5 more shots from the 16th to help me with some pain.

I think that a lot of people on here are currently balancing quality of life versus treatments, and finding that they prefer to turn down the treatment. Really it's a matter of how hard the treatment is going to hit you, and the chances that it will significantly increase your lifespan. I know that I'm going to be offered more chemotherapy on Monday and that I am going to decline. 

The decisions are highly personal. I can understand people with young families being desperate to extend their life, no matter what the quality. For me though, I have accepted that death is inevitable, and I want to make sure, as much as possible, that my remaining life has quality. 

Anyway, good luck for the 10th,with much love, 

Stuart x 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Galilee

Hi galilee

thank you am going to see what happens on the 10th before I decide anything plus have to talk to the family about it which I always find hard to do . I always find myself  crying when I talk to them..as I see the pain in their eyes and it makes me want a fight it.

Thank you 

Stuart xxx

• I really think it's a decision for you that your family must come to terms with. No matter how much love and support we have around us, ultimately we face cancer alone, and only we know when enough is enough.

I feel that I suffered horribly tbe last time I had chemo, and I would not go through that again for a 10% chance of living 3 months longer, not for me, nor for anyone else.

Sending much love, Belinda,

Stuart x 

• Hi Belinda

Think positively and good luck on the 10th. Find your inner strength when talking to the family

Tvman xx

Love life and family.