Letter

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 8 replies
  • 45 subscribers
  • Been waiting  for a letter from my consultant about are last consultation one goes to GP and a copy to me. Seems surreal to see prognosis of 3 to 6 months have to say tears gathered nothing  to be done I am on the gold standard  with my GP whatever that means?  What left to say to my second family is to be here next year as said  Yesterday  is History today a gift and tomorrow  a mystery 
  • May the 3 to 6 months be pain free and enjoyable and may they be hopelessly wrong so this time next year you can be laughing at being so far past your sell by date 

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• Cant dispute Remohs statement, let's all laugh next year.

• It always seems worse written down, for some reason.

As Richard says, there's a great chance of beating that number by a long way.

Keep smiling, Jim.

Stuart x 

• Hopefully the time scale is just a number and we will still be reading posts from you next year. Hope you are pain free for all time.

Praying for you

Rosr x

• Reading on here quickly shows many of us live well beyond our life expectancies.  May you live many years beyond yours.  

• Hi Jim, I replied earlier to another post of yours and have just now seen this one. No matter what is in the Letter, please remember they can only guess, they don't know! Many of us here are past our sell by date and I do hope in a year or two, you will be giving this information to a newer member! Where there's life, there's hope! Is what I used to say to my son and daughter when I was waiting to hear if I could get on a drug trial!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hello Jim88. anndanv hits the nail on the head. No matter what you've been told, it's only their best guess. My Grade 3 aggressive cancer was running riot and I too felt I was just waiting for the end to arrive. I just didn't feel ready to roll over though and then the latest scan showed that Johnny Cancer had gone to sleep for a bit. Gobsmacked, as they say. I saw my surgeon last week and he was delighted and said the most important thing was to keep that positive mental attitude. He said he knew that it made an enormous difference to survival. So keep focussing on good things Jim. Do what you have to do of course - that's only sensible for peace of mind - then put that letter in the drawer and go and do something nice. Then go and do something else that's nicer. RD XXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Put that letter with all the others, stick your middle finger up at it and then crack on with your life.  As Ann and everyone else has said, they don’t know - nothing is written in stone.  They don’t want to give longer dates in case they are sued - don’t look at the letter again, out of sight, out of mind.   Xxxx