Mobility

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 3 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi all any hints/tips on mobility  aids looking  at some sort of battery  operated  chair/scooter will need a hoist incapable of lifting my 3 year pip agreement  is up September so can change  my car have a Hyundai 110 so possibly  need larger car to accommodate  hoist chair just had assessment  by NHS not being offered power chair believe they give equlvilant towards buying one privately suppose  the obvious thing for me to do is contact the mobility  scheme just thinking anyone's thoughts ideas has anyone got hoist for there car note hasn't  stopped  raining in Lincoln 

Best Regards  Jim788

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Probably best to book an assessment with the mobility team & tell them all your requirements Jim & they may just come up with a full package - you never know...

Or at least build the right package from various suppliers for/with you - here's hoping

• Hi 

I was basking in the sunshine for a couple of hours today. Makes a change!

I have a motorised scooter that is really just a chair on wheels. It breaks down in 5 pieces, 4 if I don't take the front basket off. The base is the heaviest part but sounds like you're not fit for lifting. 

Have a chat with the Motability people. They're the best people to advise you depending on your needs and ability

A friend of mine's wife has a chair that she can drive into a Citroen Berlingo which is a pretty small car/van but she sits in the chair while he drives. I don't know your mobility, whether you can get out and drive. One day I was parked beside a bloke who had a larger car and he stood beside the car while it was pulled into the back of his car by a hoist mechanism. Pretty classy sight. 

You can browse the vast choice of vehicles on the internet, just do a search for Motability and 4 hours later you may have an idea of what you would like. 

Good luck my Belfast grown friend.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • I don't know if this helps as I have no experience of hoists just a power chair which I got from motability+ on ebay. I was a bit dubious with them being on ebay but then I found them elsewhere too and my powerchair was a fraction of the price of others I have seen and I love it. They were very good to deal with when I had a couple of questions also